don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Welcome to Sonic Retro. Make sure you visit our Sonic Unleashed thread!

2. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    The sonic secrets community was founded on conjecture and ridiculous theories / assumptions.

3. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Twenty Sonic fans engaging in circle-speculation on a Sonic fansite does not "hype" make.

You know how many people know about Needlemouse outside we poor fools who would probably buy a new Sonic game even if it were '06 redux?

NONE.

4. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. SONIC 06 was crap, but I still want it.

5. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Honestly if they just threw up a few screengrabs just so we know what to expect, that'd be pretty rad

6. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Interesting theory, doesn't quite explain the numerous message boards that have thousands of posts on the topic. I'm giving it a B+.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sega has learned the GABBO method of advertising a game.

A small, information-less teaser catches everyone... then leaving them out for a bit before building up the hype train.

Seriously, take every instance Gabbo is teased in that episode of the Simpsons (Krusty Gets Kanceled) and replace Gabbo with Needlemouse.

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I think its more likly they just made that one trailer and have absolutly NOTHING to go with it. and thats why its not leaked on the internet, cbecause there is nothing to leak yet XD

9. "Look Smithers, Needlemoose is coming!"
    "Uh... Yes Sir."

If they tell us anything, I want to know if they actually meant 2D, or made a silly mistake and actually meant sidescrolling. I'm Ok with either, but do not want Unleashed sidescrolling, kthnx. Also confirm Tails and Knuckles as playable characters plox. And Amy, she's pretty cool if done right.

10. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    They should just divide all the characters into speed, flight and power again, and just put in all of them as unlockables, so you can play the main game with whoever the hell you want, from Sonic to Heavy and Bomb, with the usuall variable routes for each class.

11. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    And then everyone'd becry the fact it doesn't meet there EXACT, specific expectations without even giving it a second try.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Careful, this could be interpreted as 2D Heroes, and we know how "well" the system was used there.

(70% Speed, 20% Power, 10% Fly)

13. I think trakker means each one plays the level by themselves. The problem with Heroes was that you had all three at once.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    No, the problem was that although you had all three at once, this didn't add much to the game due to how linearly the levels were laid out.

15. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Whenever you did need one in Sonic Heroes, it was scripted. Oh, theres a fan there? Gotta switch to Knuckles. Oh hoh, a far off target? Tails time. Whats this? Walls with no floor and a bottomless chasm? The solution to this one seems pretty obvious.

16. Anyways, having each character in one of three set groups would pretty much mean 3 characters with several skins. The differences between teams in Heroes were pretty useless, they were just different moves, each of which were never really used.
    Each character should be almost the same, with a rather major move change between each. Knuckles' climbing and gliding, and Tails' flying can at least be put to good use to open new level sections. This = replay value, which = awesome.

17. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Actually, the replay value is only added if those new level sections actually have something in them which makes them unique. Without that, little is added. Thats another problem with Heroes. When there is an alternative route, it tends to be mostly the same as the other route.

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    C'mon now, that's the FUN part!

19. kras

kras

I agree with Herm, as much as I'd love to see a screenshot; I think it's better at this point for them to keep us waiting until they have something worth showing. There is such high expectations for this game that Sega wouldn't be very wise to release a shot of anything unless it's sure to please.

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I don't give two shits if everyone from Tails to the homeless man sleeping in your bushes is playable, just for fuck's sake, finish making the main game before implementing them all, or you know, just finish making it, period. A polished gem with only Sonic is going to be better than a polished turd with all his friends either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.