don't click here

Project MD

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Oerg866, Jul 27, 2011.

1. 'Lo there

Since Sik is apparently allergic to promoting his own game I thought I might post this here =P

If you want to follow this game join us at:

irc.badnik.net

#projectmd

Cheers :U

2. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Jesus, the music is AMAZING. Who did it? And the gameplay reminds me of the muscle memory-ness of Donkey Kong Country... looks like it'll be a blast to play!

So is Sik continuing work or are you guys just working with his source code?

EDIT: Whoops, aren't I an idiot.

Great job on the music, Oerg. And Sik, keep up with the good work!

3. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

The music's really brought this already fun looking game to life. Loving the abstract graphics in some levels.

Would love to see this eventually released on cart much like those indie RPG's. I'd actually buy this one (not a fan of RPGs).

4. I did. Thank you :)

Sik is continuing after losing a bet to me :P (simplified though, it's a bit more complicated but that's essentially how it went down :) )

As far as I know, it will get a cart release additional to a download version... Or something

5. Flygon

Flygon

Dangit! I told you to get me to teach you to encode! Then you go to encode the second video anyway! :v:

Edit: Wait, I'm a retard, Sik uploaded that one. He has damn good excuses.

6. Bgvanbur

Bgvanbur

Tech Member
    USA
    a disassembly, some small Sega CD projects
    I love the lava/cold level and how the art/music make a nice transition. And its good to see a challenging level added.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, cool music! Nice to see further development in this game.

8. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Aw yeah, son. Great to see this back. Music really brings it to life, for certain. However the music makes the sound effects seem rather basic by comparison, but that's no big deal.

9. Thanks for the comments!

I also take it really to heart that the music is appealing to you. Thank you so much :)

The sound effects are probably not final and I'm working on some SFXs to make them fuller. I'm still doing some channel movements to make SFXs make music channel skippings less annoying aswell so that's under heavy development.

Cheers!

10. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    If I have the cash at the time I'd definitely buy the cart release. :P

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    The game looks cool, but can we have the soundtrack right now?

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I kept expecting her to shoot a mega buster shot.

13. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Ohhh~~ That's awesome. Nice work! I laughed at the NTSC Stage thing, there should be a way to change the stage to PAL and make things slower though :P

Also I saw a crappy Megadrive logo at the end, I don't know who did the video but I'd recommend using the art we have in Sega Retro's Wiki for those, I cleaned the only MD European logo I could find so even if its not vectorial it may help a little for those stupid video details.

Aside that, I'd recommend changing the...title screen (?) background thing. Because it seems kinda repetitive since its used in the stage too. Also, that needs some good title screen art featuring the character or something ;)

14. Well, Sik won't, so I will post some stuff....

Echo is making some progress, sik has done a huge fuckton of optimizations to PCM, and therefore I was able to implement some musical blast processing (aka OONTZ on GENESIS:

http://www.mdscene.net/~pvt/projmd_000.mp3

This is the drums from Ether Network's music. This level has by far the most technically appealing and most musically advanced BGM. I've been writing a completely new xm2esf (Echo stream format) and just as a small spoiler, this program will be publically released and is the first tool to allow to create music using all major effects from the XM format (arpeggio, portamento up, portamento down, tone porta, vibrato, volume slide, set volume).

So, I realize the music will probably stand out from the others, but heh, I'm pretty pleased. Note that in the above MP3 all channels except PCM are muted.

Cheers :P

15. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Are all of those drums PCM? I wonder if the kicks can be synthesized... (just a thought)

16. Yesterday, the retro computing/gaming event "DoReCo" (its 30th instance too!) took place in Dortmund, Germany. Attendants hat the opportunity to play a beta version of the game and also a time attack competition was held:

(That's me on the left =P)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few videos might follow later ;)

17. I hadn't heard about this until just now. The graphics are really impressive, and the music is great too. I'd definitely buy this.

18. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    I remember seeing this in earlier stages (possibly in the general project thread). This has made huge progress and it looks awesome.

I'm totally loving the game and digging the tunes. Keep up the excellent work :)

20. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Despite it looking unusally flat in some areas, I'm really digging this game. Saw quite a few homages to certain things in there and it's really shaped up. Awesome.