don't click here

Project Fidelity: The Post-SonMA Era Attempt

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Vrantheo, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Yeah we all miss the good old times in SonMA. Even though it's frustrating that Seanie eventually called it quits, why don't we move on on our own?

Above all please allow me to explain the current situation:

Most of our previous progresses are not lost. However, the materials are kinda scattered mostly around two places.

TKA's music section is holding most of the lossless soundtracks, and I've been adding a bit more into it, but the site's updating is also slow there so every time I submitted stuff to it I needed to wait for a really long time before it appeared on the music section page. I'm also not very content with the idea of considering TKA our major host since it's not conveniently accessible to the public... or at least to our staff especially those who don't hang around TKA so often. (Everyone can see all the files laying there but has to login/register for download.) Well it is THEIR site after all, and I'm not blaming them at all. (In fact this point makes TKA serves pretty well as a relatively secure backup for us. You know how you felt every time SonMA's server got pwned.)

On the other hand, there're still some left-overs in SonMA's server. There isn't too much stuff now (since the last server wreckage was not too long before the closedown), but it's still important since some files can be transferred from there priorly to TKA due to easier access, and btw a few months ago I told TKA to make a backup of that "Sonic Rush Original Groove Rush" in FLAC (didn't recall who submitted it) from here, but atm it's still yet to be up there...

(Those who feel like to say "tl;dr" here please just scroll down a bit)

Now this is the main point of this thread:
    We're looking for someone who's willing to provide host for this whole project... I wonder how much space do we actually need, maybe about 50GB is enough for now...
    SatBK and "the new 3 albums"... On the material maintenance side of the project these might be what at least I will be focusing on, so I'd ask about them too and see if there's any luck around here...

Thanks to all for the attention.

2. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I don't even know where to start with this. Either way, I'd rather not have my shit used to promote someone else's project against my will in such a rude way. Using something I struggled with and worked hard on to promote your own shit.

How disrespecful.

In other words (edit) you had absolutely no right. To just ASSUME I wouldn't care? Do you have any respect? Really? How do you know I didn't care anymore, how did you know I wasn't working on something, what made you think that you had a right to walk on my face on something I worked so hard on, over and over and over and over when it was in trouble.

I am outraged. Once again I am disrespected for my efforts, and I am not gonna sit around and let it happen without myself getting a word in. Good luck but I'm not going to be affiliated with any part of this whatsoever, I absolutely refuse.

3. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Ahhhhh Seanie I'm so terribly sorry because apparently I had successfully made my words misleading once again... *facepalm*

I never ever mean to do anything against your will nor anything disrespectful, despite the fact that it turned out to seem so. Now I mus figure out what actually goes wrong this time.

You want SonMA to be left alone, and so do I. I have been emphasizing the idea that I want to run another "similar project" without involving any bit of it. You know, PF had been in existence MANY YEARS BEFORE SonMA. What I did today is just trying to pick that old project up, and then... errr wait:

...OHOHOHOHOHOH I guess I get it now. Are you accusing me of stealing your works in SonMA? OK it might be my fault that I didn't realize myself unintentionally doing so since when we were dealing with the files they were all mixed together no matter who contributed them initially. Anyway please note that I DID bring the PF materials into SonMA...

Then I kindly request you to specify the parts that belong to you. I'll keep in mind and make sure I'll be taking ONLY my share with me.

My sincere apologies to you.

Edit: We have exchanged conversations. Something's going to happen. But I'm not spoiling the fun, so all you people just wait and see, heh heh...

4. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Well sean, not all the files you were hosting were yours. I encoded 2 albums for you.

5. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I don't claim ownership of the files, I don't think Vrantheo got what I was saying. I'm angry over him using my project to promote his without thinking about how it might affect me.

I don't think it's fair he can just "use" all the work I put in to springboard his own effort.

Either way, me and him discussed this off Retro and we agreed on something, so, this thread is unneeded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.