Porting objects

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hivebrain, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    HiveView
    I recently tried porting S1's motobug to S2. It worked, except the moto bug didn't interact with the floor properly and if you destroyed it then all moto bugs in the level would vanish.

How does the game know which moto bugs have been destroyed and which haven't? Learning this would be the key to fixing the second bug.

Has anyone else tried porting objects (not including S2B<->S2) and what were the results?

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You set the third number to 08, right?

Also, did you just copy and paste the item data from one ROM to another, or did you make changes?

3. Quickman

Quickman

Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    If memory serves me correctly the only changes which need making are fixing RAM values.

There may be some quirks involving solidity detection or something which are causing this.

4. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    HiveView
    No, but I replaced all the coconuts enemies with moto bugs, so they should already have 08. That said, I haven't actually checked.

I changed all the subroutine references, and made a few minor alterations to the code, but I didn't change anything that would effect how the object functions.

That's probably what's causing it to be messed up. There are a couple of RAM addresses in the code that might need changing. Object RAM is the same in both S1 & S2 (I think).

5. Kles

Kles

You should ask Perfect Ch- *shot*

Heh, good job on getting the thing even into the game =)

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    It is in a list. You have to program the removal yourself by getting the pointer and clear that index in the list.

7. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    While we're on the subject of knowing which badniks are destroyed or not, some of the buzzer badniks in my hack keep reappearing. Do I need to set the property to anything special?

8. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Learning NES ASM, Finding a girlfriend.
    Make sure the buzzers is set at 4B 00 08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.