don't click here

Playing As Tails in Sonic 2

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by jawn.sith, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Machenstein

Machenstein

http://info.sonicretro.org/Fly_with_Tails_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2

Well, what are we waiting for? Let's port Sonic 3's flight code over to Sonic 2. While we're at it, let's change the method of Super Sonic transformation into Sonic 3 Complete's.

2. dsrb

dsrb

flamewing already did just that in Sonic 2 Heroes; however, although the player can choose Tails alone, they may not want S3’s monitors, object engine, etc.

I'm actually surprised that a full hack that ports all of the code from S3, and does only that, doesn't exist.

3. Vangar

Vangar

I dunno what you're talking about, I'm sure that Hidden Palace transformation / cinematic was just a theory and people from Sonic Team said the emerald was just a breakable block that wasn't complete.

Similarly, Wood Zone was scraped because it had no potential at all. The design was bad. And dust hill was never even in any build of the game, so there's no potential there at all.

4. dsrb

dsrb

I wasn't talking solely about things that ever existed in any ROM. I meant that Emeralds, Dust Hill, and whatever were on the table at one point (refer to Naka's comments on HPZ, the infamous mockup of DHZ, etc.). Wasn't it clear enough that I specifically referred to things that “never made it out of, or even into, the early beta stage”?

5. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Doesn't Sonic 2, S3 Edition do that??? Or is it not all...?

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I guess you could just not get the emeralds. But perhaps someone could hack Sonic 2 and 3 real quick to take out the super forms so that people can still get all the emeralds without accidentally transforming into the super form.

7. dsrb

dsrb

Second post in a row wherein I must ask the other person whether they actually read my post they're replying to, since they seem to have missed something I specifically stipulated, now bolded:
    S2:S3E does a load of other stuff.

As for a hack that removes the ability to Super transform, it'd probably be better just to require a double-jump.

8. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Why? 3 words: Two-Player Mode.

Simples.

I mean, what would fans think if they introduced this new character in the very second main Sonic game, and not be able to play as him?

9. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    The completionist in me still likes getting the emeralds. But I do dig Sonic's ending pose.

[​IMG]

The main thing I guess is that I wish Super Sonic didn't trigger just by jumping, unlike in S3 where the extra button push is required.

10. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Sonic 3 would like to have a word with you

11. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Well, at the 'Sonic 3' portion of the story, Knuckles was still an antagonist, so it is less of a problem in that case. Not being able to play as a sidekick would be stranger than not being able to play as an antagonist, as playing as a teammate is more expected than playing as an Enemy.

12. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    You don't see the true solution. No Sonic game is complete until we can play as the TRUE ultimate mascot...

Alex Kidd.

13. jawn.sith

jawn.sith

Holy.
    Shit.

This hack is awesome. Why did I not hear about it until just now?!

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Sonic 3's 2-player mode, amusingly enough, also wants to have a word with you.

15. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    Actually it makes the game harder, avoiding all the game ruining glitches as Super Sonic is actually harder than it sounds! Most times I'm unable to complete the game because I forgot pressing c after hitting a sign post is an automatic game killer.