don't click here

Played Sonic 1, 2, and 3&K

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skeledroid, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

Just played through Sonic 1, 2, and 3&K the past couple days. I played out of order cause I suck at Sonic 1, saved it for last. Just trying to get back in the mood of playing Sonic.

Sonic 2 - Didn't even bother trying to get any of the emeralds. Got through it pretty easily aside from the final Death Egg robot guy. Had to use saves to beat him.

Sonic 3&K - Got Super Sonic in the first half, ended the other half missing like 3 Super Emeralds. I couldn't remember where a lot of them were hidden.

Sonic 1 - Got my ass kicked repeatedly. I got one emerald and I don't think I ever really played this game aside from level selecting.

Anyone else been playing?

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I guess I'll play through the three of em today since I'm home sick with nothing better to do.

3. I played through them all again about 2-3 months ago. I found Sonic 1 surprisingly difficult, and Sonic 2 gave me a little trouble in places. Playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles, on the other hand, was like riding a bike.

One thing I've been trying lately has been the Game Gear games. I hadn't played a few of them, so they are pretty fresh to me. I've struggled mightily with them, particularly Sonic 2, which I find ball-breakingly difficult. :v:

4. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

Someone should port over the GG zones into the Genesis engine.

5. That would be cool. The biggest problem I have with the GG games (at least, the ones I've played enough to form a solid opinion) is the wonky physics. They play a little too "floaty" for my tastes.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Well, I'm going to play through them all right now. See you later!

7. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Times of me starting all of those 3 games (including shitty palette hacks, as they are basically the same as the original): At least 5000 times. Times I played the first zone/act: 2000 times. Times I played through the whole game: 15 times (probably less).

Maybe I should start to increase the last number. :V

8. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    You're kidding, right? I can't speak for many people here, but I don't think a week goes by that I don't complete at least one Sonic game -- the original in particular getting a lot of play since the time it takes me to complete is a great way to measure the time it takes to bake a 12" thin and crispy pizza in the oven. :D

You should play until you can all-emerald complete in one sitting, it's very rewarding.

9. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Incidentally, I started to do this yesterday, but I got the achievement as soon as I got the 6th emerald.

So I started over and got both the Perfect Win and Fast Win achievements.

Thank god for save states :V

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Somebody port Sonic Advance 1, then. =P

(please)

11. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

I used to be able to when I was younger. I'm going to keep replaying them until I'm as good as I was when I first got them. :P

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Ha, I'm the same. I play a classic sonic game damn near weekly. Sonic CD and Sonic 1 definitely get the most play from me.

13. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    You guys are crazy fucks, I have no idea how you're able to get all the emeralds. I can't get more than like 2 in Sonic 3k, blue spheres is too hard.

14. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

sonic 3&k's special stages are the easiest to me -- it's just a matter not forgetting the big rings to access them. sonic 1 next, sonic 2 being the hardest.

15. corneliab

corneliab

Can't say I'm one of those people who plays through the classics on a regular basis, though I have been playing through Mega Collection recently.

Did a whole sitting of Knuckles in Sonic 2 yesterday. The reduced ring requirement in the special stages really makes those more tolerable.

16. Fun games, I can beat all with little to no difficulty. :D

Actually beat Sonic 1 and 2 under an hour (not trying for all emeralds) on real Genesis hardware not too long ago.

Fun :)

17. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Oh yeah, I play Sonic 2 and 3 all the damn time. I can beat Sonic 2 in about 35 minutes if I'm trying these days.

18. I Rushed through CD, and Sonic 1. I should probably do 2 and 3...

19. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

None of the classic Sonic games give me any trouble in the least, zones, special stages, bosses and all. Sonic 1 is still fun even without a spindash, Sonic 2 starts off fun but gets boring for me by Hill Top Zone, Sonic 3 and Knuckles is fun all the way through except for Act 2 of Sandopolis Zone. If I had to give one game that gives me some problems (I know it's not one of the games you mentioned initially) it's probably Sonic CD. I just haven't bothered committing how to get to some of the purple pod things when you go back into the past.

The one thing that bothers me is how easy all of the bosses are in the Sonic games, with the exception of the main bosses in Sonic and Knuckles.

20. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

I actually past that pretty painlessly this time around. It was the reason I quit the game the last time I was in the Sonic mood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.