don't click here

Pirate Sonic Colours DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ashthedragon, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh yeah, I'd probably scam a refund and keep the bootleg, everybody wins

2. Nova

Nova

My mum actually experienced this same kind of trickery with a copy of Professor Layton and Pandora's Box off eBay. The game wouldn't load past a certain point (due to, I assume, copy protection) and the seller seemed completely unaware of this. Whether they were feigning ignorance or were genuinely clueless is beyond me, but yeah, it was a convincing enough case and cart. The only thing that tipped me off was the Nintendo 'Seal of Approval' stamp being slightly erroneous.

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Pal versions of Nintendo games have a circular shaped Seal of Approval. Just throwing that out there :colbert:

Don't worry, at least you got your money back. When the guy who was trying to fob you off pays for the postage, then he can have his game back. In fact, I would not send it back at all. I would alert the relevant trading standards authority, and get it destroyed in a big fire.

4. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    This person also sells Proffesor Layton's games, so they're probably pirate too. Also, this seller "modus operandi" was exactly the same, claims ignorance, but has lots of games and keeps selling them, so I doubt he/she is unaware of it.

I've sent an PM to ArchangelUK here to make him know about this, as is the only way I know to tell SEGA about this.

5. dsrb

dsrb

And don't (at least some) pirated copies have fake seals? It's just a graphic, after all.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Don't worry, I know some bros at SoA who might be able to help.

7. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Thanks Moonshadow Caz! The seller is from UK, so, can SOA do anything, or it would be better to tell SOE?

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'm not sure, but I'll ask them about it.

9. SEGAMew

SEGAMew

The Obsessive One Member
    Cosmic Interstate
    Eddie Lebron's Sonic FanFilm Concept Art
    In my specific case, I let the peeps running SEGA's Twitter page know. But even if in your case the seller is UK based, SEGA Twitter staff do have contact with UK's branch as far as I know. They're pretty quick in responding.

10. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    I did, but it was a DM just after the twitter giveaway, and they didn't reply to me. I did again now, maybe they thought it was about the giveaway.

11. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    Yeah I've kinda been off all week on hols, yeah tweeting SEGA around FSF time is never a good idea if you've got an issue in any case.

I'll pass on to the legal dept Monday. though if this is eBay first port of call is to go though their proceedures for concerns regarding potentially false goods, they take a pretty dim view of these sorts of guys nowadays. Make sure you've got all your correspondance together in case they ask for it. I'll hit you back with more info if I get any here or privately.

AAUK

12. RACCAR

RACCAR

Dragon Team Member
    Madrid Spain
    Spiderhog, Sonic Ages, and Sonic Paradise
    I'm ashthedragon's boyfriend. In fact, we bought the game together, using my ebay account, and I have the game here with me actually. If you want more photos, you only have to say it.

We are pretty upset about this, because this guy is selling illegal copies indiscriminately. Our bussines is already over with ebay, but we can't let this go without punishement. I really wish this comes to SEGA's hearing, and they take the correct measures with this guy. I would also like to tell Nintendo and IGN.

I sent a mesage to him telling him everything, if he replies I will tell you what he says.

By the way, if you see his feedback, just after mine appeared three positive feedback from the same user who bought three identical games. I think he might have more than one account at ebay and is buying games from himself to compensate for the negative one.

http://myworld.ebay.es/anfnrockstar1/

13. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Thanks you very much AAUK! We have sent several messages to ebay about this, but they've not replied yet. We'll keep on trying on ebay

14. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

That's really cute that you have matching avatars. I love that.

Good luck guys, I'd take that guy to hell and back, purely for his response. Calling you a See You Next Tuesday? Bitch, I'd twist his nuts off!

15. Andeed

Andeed

Holy pug in a pizza box... Member
    Wales, UK
    Sonic 1 AS3 Engine
    This is a real community topic where people are offering to help each other out for no reason :D
    And I agree, that's massively cute that you guys have matching avatars ;)

16. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Probably a bit late, but I tweeted Sega about it.

17. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Thanks Jaseman! The more people who informs sega, the best.

Thank to everybody for all the help, you guys are the best!

Also, I'm very glad you like our avatars, we like to match each other as much as we can to show our bond. We are pretty corny sometimes, like when RACCAR did this for our first anniversary:

[​IMG]

( the title text says I LOVE YOU in spanish)

18. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Wat
    I guarantee you that 95% of the people in the world wouldn't know which of a Wii and a DS a given screenshot came from.
    Not only are many people old, many people are African peasants, and many people are also retards.

More on topic, I bought a pirate Pokemon Ruby from a second-hand store once. Pissed me off no end. ;____;

19. RACCAR

RACCAR

Dragon Team Member
    Madrid Spain
    Spiderhog, Sonic Ages, and Sonic Paradise
    I did it in a cheesy moment XD.

Thanks to all people to the help, you are awesome ;)

20. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    A few days ago I found myself in a similar position. I bought a nintendo wii classic controller from a seller. The picture was of a real nintendo one and the descrition was taken off the box of an official controller, then what arrived in the post was a cheap unbranded knock off. I'm still considering what to do. I'm concerned that anything I do will end my 100% feedback record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.