don't click here

Pink Sonic and Green Tails...

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by superemerald, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I edit the music playlist on Sonic 2 using Sonic Hacking Wiz Pro 2, a wierd thing happens. When I play the game, Sonic is pink and Tails turns green! The strange thing is that Sonic & Tails' pallate returns to normal while underwater. Any suggestions on how could I get Sonic and Tails' pallate back to normal?

2. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    Edit Sonics and Tails's paletted back to normal using ESE.

3. ok I'll dowload ESE and try to fix it. Well I got ESE working, but on the pallate editor, how do I reset Sonic and Tails' pallates back to normal if I don't know what the normal one's supposed to look like? Sry if im sounding like a newb.

4. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    Look at a version were the palettes weren't messed up, so you know what the original colors were.

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    OR you cam copy the pallet from an unedited ROM and paste it into the hacked one, using hex, it would take like 5 seconds or less.

6. thanx everyone for the help. I re-edited the colors by remembering the postition of the rbg bars in ESE (or .hack's way.) Now I can continue working on my first hack. just one more thing, if I use SHWP 2 to edit the game again, would I have to change the pallate back to normal? just wondering :(

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Yes, but SHWP really isn't to great anyway. ESE or SonED are way better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.