don't click here

Persona General

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Thunder Bro

Thunder Bro

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzcSKyCzZs

Alright, I didn't think this game could get anymore stylish, but it got more stylish. This game seems like its going to have quite a bit of new content... also looks like the new girl is not a new playable protagonist, but probably a new party member instead.

Edit: Looks like the website has been updated too https://p5r.jp/

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So question. I meant to buy Persona 5 but I just never got around to it. Now apparently that is $20 but there's this new version coming out. Do the upgrades in this new version seem significant enough to wait for a bit to get that or should I just get the original?

3. Thunder Bro

Thunder Bro

There seems to be a decent amount of new content from just this reveal alone, while it would cost more, I think it will be worth the wait, unless of course you're dieing to play the game right now.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nah, if I've waited for this long I'm hardly dying to play it. It's more just been one of those curiosities I've been meaning to get around to at some point.

Sounds good then, the wait continues :v:

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I wish I could play Persona 5 but i don't have a PlayStation.
    That is all, I shall now leave this thread.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well it's your lucky day (if you own a Switch anyway). Look what was just announced for the Switch/PS4:

http://youtu.be/vbTMImBTa3A

EDIT: Not quite actually. It's not Persona 5 but a Dynasty Warriors esq game set in that universe... Huh.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    God dammit you gave me hope, and then crushed my dreams.
    You're a cruel mistress, Dark Sonic :v:

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  9. Bandana Dee

Bandana Dee

Random Loser Member
    I'm a gonna bump this because why not?

What's y'all's favorite Persona? Mine is 3

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  11. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
  12. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Is P4G a good starting point for someone new to the series or would P5 be a better option? Was interested in trying out P5 but then I saw this came out.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Doesn't really matter what you start with.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You wanted more Persona on Steam? We'll here you go.

Persona 5 Strikers is coming to Steam as well!

EDIT: This was taken down from Atlus' page. Game Awards leaked announcement perhaps?

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Persona 3 (Portable) is here! Coming to Xbox and Windows along with Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal.

16. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Good to see Atlus slowly realising that people want these ported to other platforms. Still hoping for ports to the Switch eventually - Person 4 Golden would be an instant purchase for me.

As someone not that well-versed in the series - what are the differences between P3P and Persona 3 FES? Does Portable have all the content from FES? Or is there some content that's unique to each version? Is either considered to be the definitive version of Persona 3?

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I have no idea why Royal is coming to PS5 when it's backwards compatible with the PS4 version both physically and digitally. They could have just released a patch for it.

Persona 3 Portable is the definitive version as far as Atlus is concerned but FES had a world map, anime cutscenes, and an exclusive chapter (basically a standalone expansion). P3P changes a bunch of aspects of the battle system as well.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  19. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    It should also be mentioned that P3P replaces all of the in-engine event cutscenes with... nothing (instead sticking to a VN style experience where you get a character portrait and their dialogue). I can't remember if they add descriptions of what they do, or if they just stick to the original script. Some areas (such as, iirc, the old couple's store) don't even have a background, so it just uses the map background when you're supposed to be in a store.

There's also some jokes that fall flatter (such as the beach section) because of the change from a 3D environment to a static image.

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Since Persona 5 Royal was just released for PS5 the PS4 versions that weren't the "Ultimate Edition" ($99) have all been removed.

Said editions ARE 50% off for the next 13 days though.

EDIT: Never having been to the Persona 5 Royal website, it's sad that the original P5R website is just straight up gone, replaced with nothing but stuff for the new version. Wayback machine won't work because you have to input a birth date.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022