don't click here

Old Sonic fangames

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sik, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
  2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
  3. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    lol furry recolours

How is it goth? It's just... darkly coloured. If it was "goth" it might be somewhat stylish and attractive in a macabre kind of way.

The community is just honestly awful. Filled with asshats and homophobes.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  5. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
  6. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Yeah, but I have a very specific green tone >=P (0% red, 75% green, 50% blue)

7. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    Come on, man! Personalize your avatar! Make it your own!

Use a shade of 1.75% red, 74.3% green, and 51.4% blue.

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
  9. Wetflame

Wetflame

The links for the games are down. This blows. Where can I get Legendary Sonichaos?

EDIT: I found it but I can't get it to install in Vista. IT said it couldn't copy a font so I gave it admin privs, now it's just frozen up completely. I've always hated Install Maker :specialed: Does anyone have it in a zip file?

10. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    <!--quoteo(post=282181:date=Feb 22 2009, 12:20 AM:name=Diablohead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Diablohead @ Feb 22 2009, 12:20 AM) [​IMG]
    Soft SFGHQ<33333

11. Mikel

Mikel

Rotor Boom, Anyone? :P

Yeah, I remember this game from six years ago, the game is basically a "hack" of Sonic Boom (The first Sonic fangame ever made) but with Rotor as the main character, and the game is worser than Sonic Boom as you can tell from the graphics.

12. Vangar

Vangar

I remember sonic vs mario, and sonic vs mario 2. There was also some other one that used the sonic 3 little sprites, or something. And then I remember a bunch of them drawn in paint, like the sprites wernt even ripped for people yet.

Sonic vs mario was good times.

13. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I was totally enthralled with SFGHQ back when I first stumbled onto it when I was like 8. Goddamn times have changed. I remember frequenting it when I was in charge of updating the Ashura dark reign thread on their forums a couple years back and jesus christ a lot of those guys are assholes.

14. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    You just made me remember of a diskette I bought that had "Sonic vs. Mario" in it. The readme said it was something for an European competition at 2000 or something. Years later I found that the very same game was a fangame from 1999 and that the game should have never been sold.

Yes, fail, but it was fun to kill Mario =P

15. Shibunoa

Shibunoa

Banned
    Italy
    Does anyone still remember Sonic 2000, the Sonic Ultra Series, the Sonic Special Stage and Sonic Pinballs by saxman?
    I used to play fangames (both Mario and Sonic) much when I was a kid. Now I've just mostly outgrown them, and I see no point in doing
    one anymore. Sonic still had a bit of freshness back then, now it's horribly saturated with crappy everything-but-the-kitchen-sink physics-perfect fangames. Those fangames were very (even horribly sometimes) basic, and yet funnier than what we have today.
    I guess we have to blame MMF, Game Maker and premade engines for this mess.

16. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    It's because fan games became too serious and wanting to be too perfect, once I released SV I was working on it's sequel but I would change it every few months, just because other better looking games were appearing.

I made half of SV before I even found sfghq sicne my old friends were the ones who introduced me to tgf and knp, so I finished up my SV game, signed up on the sfghq forums and posted the game in like my first post ever.

17. Wetflame

Wetflame

I've been thinking of making my own "retro" fangame(I.e. it'd be around the quality of the later fangames before 360 movement, but a step forward, think of it as a natural progression), but the lack of global qualifiers in MMF and the fact that clickteam really don't give a shit has put me off it.

18. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    I guess you'd just have to blame the premade engines because all those fangames that don't have good physics that you say were made in those programs (heck, that was the main reason for which those fangames had horrible physics). Now you'll hate it more because everybody will try to make their own 3D fangame these days =P

And I was expecting you to mention Xhedgehog =/

19. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Has anyone actually played X-Hedgehog? I read about it and saw snapshots of it on Jeff Reed (sp?)'s old page, but I didn't even know what Linux or X-Windows was back then.

20. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Well, as far as I know, the server it was hosted on was dead for years (about 10 years since now?). Sudden of all the server was alive again and Shibunoa found it in the exact same state as it was back when it closed o_O So he quickly recovered the sources. Then the server died again, sudden of all, like a ghost... Scary, indeed o_o; But at least there's a copy of the source code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.