don't click here

Odd S3K/Kega Fusion glitch

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RattleMan, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    You know how in S3K when you place too many S boxes then hit them, the game glitches up and resets, sometimes into plain S&K mode? I was playing Launch Base Zone, doing that. Anyway, when I hit them, I activated reverse gravity (A). Sonic went upwards, the screen glitched, but the game did NOT reset. Sonic made sounds like he was getting rings (and extra lifes), and then, after about 30 seconds or so, Kega Fusion's title bar suddenly went from "Fusion 3.4 - Genesis - SONIC & KNUCKLES" to "Fusion 3.4 - Genesis/32X - SONIC & KNUCKLES". Kega went into Genesis-32X mode! What?! I uploaded a save right after I activate the glitch but before Kega goes 32X mode. After this happens, ring noises can be heard for a while afterwards. Any ideas on what happened here?

http://rattleman.digibase.ca/s3k/Sonic3k.zip

[​IMG]

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Seems like something worth emailing to Steve Snake or posting on his forums if he has any.

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    wouldn't you like to know
    Guitar Hero II Deluxe
    You might want to post that here or here, as those are both forums that Steve Snake himself visits.

4. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Debug messed up the hardware. Playing sounds. Doing all kinds of crap. Of course it will mess an emulator off. Snake won't fix that.

5. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    If the real hardware can't play a game perfectly, don't expect an emulator to.

... unless that emulator is VBA.

6. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    This sounds like a buffer overflow error in the emulator. A game running in Genesis mode should *not* be able to force the system into 32X mode, since when in Genesis mode, the 32X should technically not exist in the system.

You should definitely email Steve Snake about this problem.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems that this is a feature "by design" of the program.

http://gens.consolemul.com/cgi-bin/ikonboa...38&st=0&#entry3 - more information

7. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Surely 32X mode should only be activated when a 32X game is loaded? The rest of the time the emulator should do...whatever it is a regular Megadrive does when a game tries to write to 32X space.

8. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    return 0xDEAD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.