Not so Simple Sonic Advance Worlds

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Ice, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Ice

Ice

I'm gonna make a sonic fangame one day BELIEVE IT! Member
    Sonic Alpha
    [​IMG]
    What originally started as a revival of my original sonic fangame I attempted to do before Sonic Alpha inspired by Alexandre Martins's Neo Sonic Universe became a Sonic Advance Framework for Clickteam Fusion and it's finally done! It is a modified version of Not so Simple Sonic Worlds by LakeFeperd (and the same knowledge applied to it can be applied here because it is literally the same framework just "Sonic Advance-ified".)

Within the Download is the source code (Now works with Standard Fusion 2.5) and an example game built into an unpacked exe (this was done so that your computer does not falsely accuse it of it being a virus.)

To turn Super Sonic press the "Shift" key and jump and press "X"

For you Fusion 2.5+ Users I have news for you. This is indeed compatible with Directx11 HOWEVER Super Sonic uses a shader that hasn't been ported to it "officially" yet. So if you would like access to the shader, please join the official clickteam discord to order to obtain.
    But in order to even join the discord you will need an official purchased copy of the engine.

Update Log:
    • Sign Post now works like original Advance Thanks to Yonatankr
    • Works in Standard Fusion 2.5
    • Fixed falling off Loops although it still might happen but not as often
    • Adjust Sonic's Air-Dash to be quicker

Download Link:
    MediaFire:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/4aiwwm7xdbhwwls/NSS_Sonic_Advance_Worlds_V1.1.zip/file
    GoogleDrive:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CqTN-flKTXLyTTpD_drAM0cwBtalNU6m/view?usp=sharing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits

Game and logo created by Ice

Programming: Ice

Some Additional Programming: Nihil, Yonatankr, Spindash12

Support: Spitfya

Original framework: Not so Simple Sonic Worlds by LakeFeperd

NSS Partner System: Ice, lighto, Carlos Ushiromiya and Rifty.

Bug Testing and fixing: Ice

Various Sprites: Spriter Resources and many ripped by Ice

Special Thanks: Spitfya, Nihil, Yonatankr, Spindash12, SpookyGuga, RAGGY, and Dark

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Drawing, studying Japanese
    The image links appear to be broken. But otherwise this is pretty exiting to see Sonic Advance get some recognition like this :)

3. Strife

Strife

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    This looks incredibly promising! It's just unfortunate that there's such a significant price gate to purchase the 2.5+ DLC in order to access the source, on top of needing to actively seek out an unreleased shader effect on the Discord server. I hope this will be more accessible in the future for aspiring fangame developers.

4. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Actually you don't need 2.5+ to use this! It works perfectly fine with Standard Fusion as with Sonic Worlds. I was just saying it's also compatible with Directx11 (which requires 2.5+) but the Shader used for Super Sonic hasn't been ported over "Officially".

Someone from the official clickteam discord ported over the shader for me and I asked if I could distribute it along with the release but they requested that people can come over and join the official discord in order to get it to prove their copy of fusion is legit and not a pirated copy because some people pirate clickteam fusion (I myself had as well a couple years ago before eventually buying the product along with 2.5+ sometime last year).

fixed thanks for letting me know!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2021
  5. Strife

Strife

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    I have the latest version of Fusion 2.5 Developer installed, but it's telling me that it was saved with a newer version so I still can't open it. I wonder if the unreleased shader is to blame?

6. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

happy! :D Member
    Italy
    Many a game.
    This happened to me too.
    @Ice: did you guys test it with regular CF2.5?

7. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    I apologize I think I know what happened. I left some things in the mfa checked that were only 2.5+ options only and not for standard so I unchecked them. Try downloading them now and see if it works now.

8. Strife

Strife

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    I downloaded from the link above and I still get the error message.

9. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Yea I figured out yesterday so I tried to fix it in any way possible but nothing i do works. For some reason my clickteam seems to be somewhat buggied despite being a paid copy. Normally removing any 2.5+ features I might have possibly used would solve the problem but the thing is I can't figure out whether or not I have because I can't even copy and paste the frame nor anything in it into a standard fusion 2.5 source because "It was built on a newer version".

I'm really sorry about this but for now until I can figure out why this is happening I guess the source will be for 2.5+ in the meantime :(

10. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

happy! :D Member
    Italy
    Many a game.
    Don't worry about it! I'm still very happy this has been made at all, so thank you and everyone involved for making it!

11. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    You're welcome!

12. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Interesting! Though, you might want to double check Sonic & Tails mode, I was able to fall out of a loop while running through it at high speeds.

13. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    will do thanks for the feedback!

Also @Strife @Rudie Radio Waves I figured out a way to port it to 2.5 with the help of a friend! The mfa is now compatible in standard 2.5 as originally intended!
    However I'm working on one last update before I upload it so I apologize for the patience. I will let you know once it's ready!

14. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    @Strife @Rudie Radio Waves Update is Done! It now works with Standard Fusion 2.5 give it a download and let me know if it truly works this time!

15. Strife

Strife

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Just tried it out and it works now! Thanks for the fix!

16. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Glad it worked and you're welcome!