don't click here

NiGHTS 2 confirmed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shadow Hog, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I'd say this warrants usage of a trial post. Forgive me if this belonged in the Member's Lounge more than Sonic games, but...

[​IMG]
    Relevant GAF discussion

I know this could go so very, very wrong with Sonic Team being as they are, but then... it's a new NiGHTS game. There hasn't been one since, what, '96? (And I don't count that GBA minigame.) That's reason for excitement right there.

God, new info can't come fast enough.

2. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Mixed blessing?

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well I'll be damned. It's official? That's just fan fuckin tastic. I can't wait for some more info of this game to be released.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm sure Sonic Teams making it, but still. They haven't made a NiGHTS game in about 11 years now, its had time off, and therefore they're more likely to care.

Sonic's a cash cow, and they know it, but NiGHTS is different because of its obscurity on a system almost no one owned, they may try hard to get good sales

4. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I hope it turns out good. It'd be really depressing if they screwed this one up too.

5. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    That's like saying: "I hope this grenade has chocolate in it. All the others exploded."

6. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    If whoever is making this even dares to fuck this up and tarnish the name of a masterpiece, I will never by another game they're involved in again.

7. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    LMAO. Valid point though.

8. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Alas, that is what it is like to be a Sonic Team fan these days.

...Too many of those grenades have exploded in my face, too. X_x

*Tries to erase memory of playing Shadow the Hedgehog from his mind*

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Screenshots!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully the automatic resizing should take care of any potential table-stretching (these scans are BIG).

I don't know the name, yet (One Classy Bloke at The GHZ mentioned a "NiGHTS Into Fantasies..." several months back while he still worked at Sega, a point he was sure to dredge up when the cover scan came up). Still, the scans confirm one thing: It's a Wii game. Not like we didn't know that already, but it's more concrete now.

This has easily been one of the best weeks in Sega gaming history: NiGHTS and Mario & Sonic in the same week... Now all that's left is for Sega to follow up on it.

Also in b4 "lol pending approval"

10. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA... I just LOVE how the word "Number" is spelled wrong on the front cover.

11. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    It?ll have Multiplayer... (confirmed)

Apparently Claris and Elliot still the human characters... (not confirmed)

Not so much info. But it doesn?t look a sequel, but a remake with new graphics.

(It?s good to know Portuguese. lol)

12. Sintendo

Sintendo

Erm... That's how they write number in that language. It's written like that in Dutch too.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ah, so it is real. Good to hear I must say. Odd that they gave NiGHTs a more jestery type of outfit, but it seems to remain close to the classics, which is good.

Mario and Sonic in one game, NiGHTS 2, maybe this will be a good year for Sega.

14. quartzlcc

quartzlcc

test-object's worst nightmare. Member
    California
    lrning2hack
    Yeah, I saw this on Wii's World (click click) a while ago... Thank God Sega is finally listening to all the NiGHTS fans out there... Heh. Let's just hope they don't screw it up. XD

15. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    Given Sega's current track record, I'm expecting the worst (but hoping for the best).

16. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    The screens make it look pretty good, but the fact that Takeshi Iizuka is directing it makes me uncomfortable...

You are everything that is wrong with my country. Thank you for your contribution to furthering us as the laughing stock of the world!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.