don't click here

Next-Gen Sonic Xtreme fan game

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Gen, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Striker

Striker

Oldbie
    SSRG
    Holy Crap that is amazing. I would be willing to help if you need it, I've been wanting to help work on a 3-D Sonic Fan game for a while ever since I started designing levels in UnrealEd and Half-Life 2. Soned 2 isn't doing it for me anymore.

Though My web design skills are probably a bit better =P

2. IceSage

IceSage

Pending Member
    A web animation called "Deities Requiem."
    Man, that's awesome! I wish I could help contribute to this game but I really can't, looks like you have this handled so far! Stick with the current Eggman / Robotnik design, it's awesome! (I love it when people base things off the original Eggman/Robotnik design from the games. I don't like this new skinny Eggman stuff Sega's been boasting around the past few years...)

(And I love the 'stache!)

3. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Nah, I've been playing too much Oblivion where everything is bumpmapped and awesome.

4. Gen

Gen

This is halloween! This is halloween! Member
    The Mobius Engine
    Just wait till you see Sonic bump mapped ;)

I've been working on getting his new body model in game all damn night, so his bump map sure as hell better work ;)

@IceSage, you could probably help out with level design then. The C4 demo has everything you would need to get started.

5. Damizean

Damizean

As classic as rock Member
    Valencia, EspaƱa
    Various projects
    Oh my, thanks for the credit... :P

6. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    I was going edit my post when I noticed I forgot to credit you (you were credited on the other sites that I posted the screenshots on), but I can't edit my post ;)

7. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
  8. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    this looks amazing, but do you have your heart set on that engine? there are plenty of good open source engines that have broader hardware support, like Quake3 and Qube.

9. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    I have my sights set on the engine. The only open source engines out there that I was considering before buying C4 (I was going to use C4 for something else, but decided not to), either didn't have the graphics capabilities I needed, or were just rendering engines and nothing else like Ogre3D.

Also, heres a WIP animation I'm working on for Sonic: http://home.sxtremenext.com/media/SonicRun.mov

10. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
  11. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    Bump bumppity bump bump

Ship level WIP (note: not done by me, but by Andrew75, excuse the large image sizes, will resize and upload to my own server later):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Shade

Shade

Lookin' sexy man. Very nice :(

13. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    [​IMG]
    Place holder goal ring I threw together that has a distortion effect on the reflection

[​IMG]
    Demo level you guys will be getting to fool around with is almost done. Once it is done, code will be worked on, sonic's models will be finished (Super Sonic will be selectable to play around in the demo with), and so on. This is just one out of 10 screens of the demo level. Stay tuned.

14. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    It looks like Sonic meets Myst.

SEX.

More, please, great work, man. Freaking amazing.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Looks like... it's too intensive for this laptop. =P

16. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    Forgot to mention that the game will be released as a Universal Binary for OS X, and we have room for another programmer. Preferably someone who knows their way around 3D programming.

17. Shade

Shade

Christ, this looks so good. I am absolutely pissing myself in anticipation. Great, great work.

18. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    OS X FTW. Thank you for making this for Mac, unlike every other Sonic fangame.

19. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Why do mac users keep slamming PC developers for not "supporting Mac" when the problem could simply be that they DON'T HAVE and CAN'T AFFORD one? It doesn't help your case, and in fact makes you seem like a rather unappealing audience. I don't think statements like this are very appropriate for anyone to make unless they (as an individual or group) are willing to put into posession of the developer a Mac with which to develop

I could just as well say "Yes, thanks for building for a platform that renders it unplayable for me and probably 75%+ of the rest of the world" as if I had no regard for the fact that him having only a Mac and no PC is more likely than not relatively circumstantial

20. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    ^I'm not slamming anyone I'm just thanking Gen.

Turn it down a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.