don't click here

New set of Sonic-themed drinking glasses

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12 dollars for the glasses? What store in the mall did you buy those from? That's an instant buy at that price.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Would you mind taking pictures/telling what store they were from?

3. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I got 'em at Spencers. They have new-age designs on 'em though, no classic design which is unfortunate because theres a bunch of retro Sonic stuff there such as clocks, backpacks, plushes, etc. They're still really cool though, have Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik on 'em.

4. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Those crazy Mexicans (and Brazilians) :specialed:

What's next? Princess Frogs legs?

5. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Boston America, here I come!

And Spencers is a great place to find neat shit. I'd say better than Hot Topic, but YMMV.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  7. Good looks Dark Sonic! But ugh, 7.95 shipping. I'll see if I can find a Spencer's that's selling them instore.

Shot glasses look all right. Definitely would have bought with classic designs, though.

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
  9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Azukara: neat, too bad they don't deliver to Italy. And of course I found out about that only after I created an account. Great to know I will receive more spam in my mailbox.

Either way, anyone in the US who is willing to buy a set for me and then send it to me? Of course I'll pay for everything via PayPal.

10. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    What if I don't have Paypal? There's a Spencer's at the mall 10 minutes down the road from my school. Maybe I could put that Christmas money I'll get to use for things besides Mountain Dew. But yes, I'll see if I could buy and ship them to you.

11. Nineko, isn't Italy one of the countries that's incredibly strict with customs? I can't recall 100%, but I could have sworn a lot of eBay sellers were getting screwed over because they sold stuff to Italy buyers and it turns out Italy customs are ran by cocks. May not be the case now, or it may have never been the case-- any idea? Otherwise I'd be more than happy to box up a set and send it your way.

12. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    I utterly love that Classic Eggman glass. Both that and the Classic Tails design look like they came straight out of the OVA. <3

13. nineko

nineko

italy
    Right, the Italian customs isn't strict per se, we can import pretty much everything (albeit with absurd taxes and fees (like 30% of the value or even more)); the main problem is that as you said most of the people who work there are bad people and they tend to steal everything they can. I didn't think this would apply for something as cheap as $30, though, but it is indeed still possible. A possible workaround is to get stuff delivered to Switzerland, like I did when I bought my laptop, which I later sneaked inside the border with the help of a friend. We might arrange something if you're up to help, but we should bring that to Private Messages as I don't like to derail topics. Or post publically about breaking the law :v: (in fact I will edit this post later to remove compromising details about my laptop)

14. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Wow. Remind me to visit Spencers Gifts sometime soon. Gotta have those classic shot glasses. The modern Uekawa-style glasses just don't appeal to me much. I don't know what it is about them, but they're just 'eh'.

15. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Also when shipping abroad always tick gift on the customs form, I ask companies to do this and they usually do. It just means I don't get screwed for taxes.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's the best idea ever. I'll so use that in the future, possible to buy these glasses. They're really rather nice looking.

17. Here in Brazil the import tax is 60% of the original value, which is ridiculous. The government's excuse is that this is supposed to encourage national industries to manufacture the products, but depending on the product that will never happen, and they still rip you off anyway. The mail also tends to "lose" stuff fairly frequently. There have been a couple of international packages that I never received.

I really want those glasses, and I would even pay the taxes if necessary (although they don't usually tax purchases of less than US$50 or so), but not knowing if they will arrive intact is the biggest problem for me. Maybe with some really expensive FedEx shipping (I.e. way more expensive than the glasses themselves), but then the final price will be unrealistically high.

I always try that too, but it doesn't always work. When ticking "gift" isn't an option, I ask sellers to at least declare a smaller value, which also doesn't work all the time. Sometimes the customs will just "guess" the value of the thing you bought, and will charge you based on that.

18. Anything I've ever sold on eBay to international buyers, I always list it as a gift and on the lower end of value. Always best to make sure your buyers are happy and tax free.

19. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    It really pisses me off that there isn't just a box to tick for second hand goods. The only reason ordinary people usually import goods is because it's not available in their home country. Am I really raping the state purse with a pair of '94 mac SIMM sticks? It's hardly a pack of 2000 fags.

20. nineko

nineko

italy
    So a few minutes ago I got the set that FriendOfSonic sent me. I am now a proud owner of those Sonic glasses, possibly the only one here in Italy :)

Too bad that a gigantic "fragile" warning on the package and a whole lot of careful wrapping (seriously thumbs up to FriendOfSonic for that, it was very well done) couldn't prevent the Knuckles glass from breaking, those postmen are evil, it's a miracle that the 3 other glasses didn't break too considering how the package looked from the outside, I wouldn't be surprised if they used it like a ball in their free time.

I am happy enough it wasn't stolen though. Italy is like this, you can never know if you're going to receive what people send you from abroad, so a broken glass is as good as it can get :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.