Need help changing the PLC for bosses.

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by .hack//zero, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Learning NES ASM, Finding a girlfriend.
    Okay, so I'm pretty much redoing the PLC. I want to know where I need to change PLC for the main things like monitor, rings, etc. Basically the things that can go into any level. Also, since I'm redoing it. Also I need to know of any limitations there are for this type of thing. Add/subtracting PLCs is as easy as adding/removing the relative pointer, right. If I'm wrong, then please let me know what I need to do. Hmm, I can make boss battles harder with this. :evil:

2. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    If you want to change the PLC's around, such as adding water to the main one(with the monitors/rings), that's easy, you just expand the number of PLC's by 1, and then add the pointers to the water art and VRAM location.

However, you won't get anywhere if you change the art's VRAM location. If you try that, you'll have to change part of the object code that tells where to load the art from vram. It's as simple as taking your new location, and the divide that by $20. Then look for the address register of "2(a0)" near the beginning of the object, and replace that value with your new location.

Hope I wasn't to over analytical to make sense.

3. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

In my case I'm gonna need to change the location of the PLC pointers. Since I'm gonna add stuff. Beta enemies, multiple levels with some of the same enemies. Shit like that. It'll probably take more space than the original PLC area has. If I doesn't, I'll just put it back where it was.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Aren't you using the disassembly though? This isn't something you would have to worry about if you are.

5. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

You're right, I forgot about how it works for a sec. Thanks rika

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.