My Project: Silver Sonic in Sonic 1

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Roebloz, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Roebloz

Roebloz

So. I always loved Game Gear Sonic 2's Silver Sonic (Partly because it was my first ever Sonic game) and because of his wacky design. After watching Game Apologist's latest video on him I realized how little was done with the character. Sure you got a few fanarts here and there, but no bootlegs or character hacks? So here I am, taking the matter into my own hands. By basing off a custom S3-style Silver Sonic spritesheet as well as the sprites for Metal Sonic in Sonic 2, I am now making as my first Sonic hack, the first character hack of my favorite tincan Sonic for SHC 2021! Have some screenshots. (This is FAR from final though)
    sc1.png sc2.PNG sc3.PNG

2. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Paging @doc eggfan.

This is looking pretty sweet, good job.

3. Roebloz

Roebloz

Thank you. This is my first Sonic ROM hack that replaces graphics so hopefully I don't mess things up too much. I have two plans for this hack.
    -The first version will be exactly that, just Silver Sonic in Sonic 1 and will be released on RHDN.
    -The SHC version will feature new levels, graphics for the badniks and (maybe) new music.

4. Roebloz

Roebloz

So I might have forgot about this project a uhhh...Little bit. Was way more focused on Doom 32x Delta than Silver Sonic, but uhhhh expect the Silver Sonic in Sonic 1 hack to be released this week. (Either Monday or Tuesday)

5. I love how much overlap between the Doom and Sonic modding community there tends to be. Love the work you've done on Doom Delta.

6. Lostgame

Lostgame

turntablist, dinosaur goddess Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Oh, so *you’re* to blame for DOOM delta! Kick ass work!