don't click here

My own theory on this Dust Hill Zone.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Electric TH, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As we all know,Mystic Cave Zone is Dust Hill Zone in Sonic the hedgehog 2,however,looking at that mock-up shot,I thought that Mystic Cave was going to be the underground part of Dust Hill.Where you can go to a deeper level so you could explore more.I also had a think on which you would face the drilling machine Robotnick boss,at the top of the level (surface) and would crumble the floor having you facing him in the bottom of the level.(the Mystic Cave part)My imagination once agian,told me that maybe when you defeate him,he crumbles the floor agian (due to rage).Sending Sonic falling downwards and downwards untill he falls into the realm of Hidden Palace Zone.In a way,this might explaine the hidden animation of Sonic huffed out and tired (he lies down looking depressed.).Becuase,if you think about it,when he hits the ground from a high rate,he would be lying back huffed in stressed and hurt from the fall,if you know where im going.=P Hidden Palace Zone does look like it would be a deep underground zone.And the word "hidden" also points out a clue.
    Talking about that acctuly,everyone seems to say that the Tails 1-up TV might have made him an only character level for him.I doubt that.If it were,thier would have been parts that require him to fly up to even though he can't in Sonic 2.My theory is that Hidden Palace Zone was a two player level aswell as one player level.I mean,why is it playing a two player music after all?My other theory is that it might have been a Kuckles only level,there were Sonic 2 menus in S3&K,so perhaps it could have been a small treat for players.Thanks for reading my utter rubbish theorys! Oh and I think I forgot something...ahh that's it!Hi!Im new and glad to talk to you people!Hope I get on well here! ^_^

2. Usually levels have something to do with their names. That zone has nothing to do with "Dust" or a "Dust Hill". This proves that the level was probably assigned that name at the last minute so it could be playable.

3. Danika

Danika

... Oldbie
    Nothing atm
    My theory on Dust Hill is that the pallette was changed to make it more cave-like and the level was renamed Mystic Cave.

4. Danika

Danika

... Oldbie
    Nothing atm
    Okay, DHZ started out as a desert level. Before the Sonic 2 Beta that this site is about (v. 1.54 (?)) the pallette was changed around a little bit to make it cave like, except they forgot to rename the level slot Mystic Cave. Or maybe the pallette change was a side-effect of dumping the beta (copy-protection?).

5. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    if it was only the pallette that have been changed, the level would be a purple desert ;)

6. Danika

Danika

... Oldbie
    Nothing atm
    There might have been copy protection on the sonic 2 beta that made Genocide City unbeatable, changed Dust Hill's pallette, and deleted part of Wood zone.

7. Danika

Danika

... Oldbie
    Nothing atm
    The real Dust Hill *shot*

8. Danika

Danika

... Oldbie
    Nothing atm
    My sig has the real Dust Hill!

9. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    You can't link to pictures on your local hard drive. You must upload them to a remote server.

10. Danika

Danika

... Oldbie
    Nothing atm
    the pic worked in my sig, but not in my post! Simon, can you fix this?

11. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    No, it isn't working. Only you can see the pic, because it's on YOUR computer. Everyone else is seeing a red x in both your post and sig.

The only way is to upload the pic to some server.

12. Danika

Danika

... Oldbie
    Nothing atm
    Okay, where can I find a place to upload my image?

13. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    Like Geocities, and rename the pics as .txt files (or it won't let you remotely link to them).

14. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    COPY PROTECTION!?! LMAO

15. Mach Sonic

Mach Sonic

Founder of Sonic Nutshell Oldbie
    North Carolina
    M.U.G.E.N.

If there was a copy protection, Project Shadow wouldn't exist. Queef.

16. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
  17. Mach Sonic

Mach Sonic

Founder of Sonic Nutshell Oldbie
    North Carolina
    M.U.G.E.N.
    Interesting theory. Oh not to be off topic, bu KORV, your Avatar is... questionable. XD

18. dust hill

I highly doubt that theory is true because the desert dust hill was in the alpha version of sonic 2(I think), which the cave dust hill was not even a level yet.

by the way I'm new here, some people may have known me as nubby, hamma hamster, and blondie chick.

19. Pinkerton

Pinkerton

サメジマ・マミミ Oldbie
  20. dust hill

well..... I was wrong, and to think I thought dust hill was in the alpha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.