My mouse is acting all weird.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Fluffy Clouds, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Fluffy Clouds

Fluffy Clouds

WAS A KID. Member
    San Fernando Valley, California
    GTA San Andreas trainer SCM hook.
    My mouse is acting all weird. I move it sometimes, and it'll move a bit, and then freeze. And at times, it'll start moving down to the bottom, start clicking like mad, dragging shit into places, and mess with the program I'm using. I searched the internet, and found questions about it, but the answers were crap.

Oh, and I'm using a Belkin mouse, if it'll help.

2. Sintendo

Sintendo

Is it wireless?

3. Wireless? Ball/Laser? Batteries? Details -._-.

4. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Uninstall any 3rd party mouse drivers, and see if it's better with Windows'/your OS'es default drivers.

OH, and switch mouse pads, or if you're just on the table, try replacing the mouse pad with a piece of white printer paper, that's like the best surface and will rule out the table's reflectiveness from using the mouse a lot, or the worn out mouse pad.

5. Flygon

Flygon

I suggest swapping your mouse with another to see if it is a hardware problem. Its obvious but it works.

6. Fluffy Clouds

Fluffy Clouds

WAS A KID. Member
    It uses a ball, just so you know.

It hasn't happened lately, but I'll take your advice if it happens again, Flygon and SeanieB.

7. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Paladins Twich streamer Member
    I'd say get a laser/USB mouse if the problem is the mouse itself.

8. Moogle!

Moogle!

Probably needs cleaned. The wheels that the ball moves around probably have dirt rings around them.

9. Sintendo

Sintendo

...and again, you failed to mention whether your mouse is wireless or not.

10. Rusty

Rusty

pixelated panda pal (previously BMF54123) Oldbie
    Henderson, NV
    existing
    That wouldn't cause it to jump all over the place and randomly click things.

The last mouse I owned that had that problem had a short in the cord, IIRC. Mice can do funny things when the signal is lost or corrupted. You most likely need a new mouse, but I would try a different one (or try the current one with another system) just to make sure the motherboard isn't going south.

11. Fluffy Clouds

Fluffy Clouds

WAS A KID. Member
    My mouse is not wireless.

12. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I had this same problem on all 3 of my systems for a while. Then I got rid of Microsoft's remote access program, which comes with windows, and it stopped. I think it may have been the remote access being Hijacked.

Edit: It'd definately happen if I was holding CTRL for too long (which I done a lot, while moving several files)