don't click here

My MD2 is slaved by my PC !!!

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TmEE, Dec 26, 2008.

1. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh6i4JBXrpA

MD Tracker 0.6a (its not 0.5a as you can see in the vid...) is making MD do the sound, at least PSG and PCM sound. The communication protocol is pretty flexible so once I'm done with it, I'll release the docs and I hope there will be something nice happening that uses this stuff :colbert:

(also, the YT button did not seem to do anything, at least not in Opera...)

2. Way to go :D - This is just epic :D

and yes, the YT button is broken.

3. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Wow, that looks pretty awesome.

Is there any reason why it can't do FM, though?

4. shana

shana

balls Member
    Financial Hell
    Recording Sonic Music on live guitar/bass.
    There's a lot you can do with FM, you know. So that really could take some time to do. When FM will be implemented, this could really come in handy with a software onscreen keyboard, or connecting a MIDI keyboard to the computer using FM presets with the application and obtaining real YM2612 sound from the MD. I'm looking forward to this.

5. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    There's no reason it can't do FM other than I've not written a single line of code to support FM either on PC or MD side.

The protocol is made to be flexible so you could do anything with it, and stuff you cannot directly do can still be done as I provide direct chip accesses aswell (for entering raw data).

You will need a flashcart or anything else to run the MD side software, a PC with LPT port and Mask of Destiny's Sega CD Transfer suite cable.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow, very impressive! More than anything, I love the sound of your PCM samples on the real hardware—they really do sound much better there!

Great job with the interface! Here's hoping you get FM sorted out soon. :)

7. Aw :< I hoped for a possibility to do it withouth a MoD cable :)

Oh well.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Some neat stuff there, very nice. One of these days I'll get around to making a MoD cable and getting a damn flashcart =P