don't click here

Music that reminds you of sonic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by XFactorNo9, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    Sorry to revive such an old topic, but I just found a copy of Paul Hardcastle's '19' single (which itself sounds somewhat Sonic-like at times) and this was the B-side. It's right out of Knuckles Chaotix, right down to the "Door Into Summer"-style chimes.

Paul Hardcastle - Fly by Night

2. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Honestly, I'm glad you revived this topic; I've never heard Paul Hardcastle until now, but after hearing this I started listening to all of his other songs. I gotta say, his music is awesome. :) I could totally see this guy being a composer for Sonic music (perhaps even Streets of Rage) back in the mid-'90s -- he's kind of a mix between Masato Nakamura and Spencer Nilsen. Pretty neat stuff, if you ask me.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I don't know why, but I was listening to this song and started thinking about how this could be what Sonic thinks every time Amy comes around. Love this song, Showbread rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93DFn4lvsJU

4. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I second this. That song was really cool; so thanks for introducing us to it.

5. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP

On one of the YouTube videos, SonicKAI's Spring Yard Zone BGM I believe, a few users made comments about SYZ's BGM being similar to Every Little Step. I can kinda hear it. You guys can be the judge. :)

And for the Michael Jackson music. It's been confirmed that he helped with the Sonic 3 Music. We do know that he did the Ending Credits Theme from what I've read. That tune later became Stranger in Moscow. In fact, Carnival Night Zone's BGM is VERY similar to Jam. Even has the "Jam" sound clip. Look it up, it's an interesting read.

6. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

TBD
    *bump*

I stumbled across a song over the weekend that immediately (albeit vaguely) reminded me of the plot of Sonic CD. The lyrics even sound like they were written in the same vein as "Cosmic Eternity" (Remember those sorta cheesy lyrics like "believe in yourself" and "keep an open mind" from Cosmic Eternity? This song has lyrics like that). =P

7. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    Recently I tried my hand at doing a Chaotix-style song. I'm happy with it, except I think it's too short and repetitive.

Metro Midway Zone

Another song on that page, "Banana Royale" might also be of interest-- it could conceivably be Sonic music. Most of the other songs are music from my cartoons, or old high school projects.

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2UEd1l6i4M

Some parts of this song make me think of Knuckles' "relationship" with Rouge, but I dunno if that's really on topic. I know there are atleast a couple of songs I used to hear constantly that made me wonder what they would sound like synthesized on the genesis, in a Sonic game. I'll have to think about them.

9. JLCL00

JLCL00

Outer Heaven
    Human Instermentality Project
    :D

I would never have guessed that someday, I would see these two bands mentioned on a forum related to video games.

In the background on the song (I know, it doesn't make sense), there's a melody that starts on a low key in the beginning of the song. It reminds me of Tidal Tempest Present (Jp Version) or some other track from Sonic CD. It's not the melody itself but more of the instrument.

10. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
  11. Alphaman

Alphaman

I know most people won't hear this one, and it's far-fetched at best, but whenever this music comes up in SA2&3, it reminds me of this... it's just the whole "echoing" thing that cause it. I know a million song use this, but still, that's ALWAYS my first reaction to the theme. I was especially puzzled since it sounded familiar at first.

Also, these two. Somehow, the first link seems to jump to the right scene only occasionaly - it's the part starting at 32 seconds (and reappearing later).

12. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack

WARK! Member
    Life
    A lot of the songs in this thread surprise me, but I definitely see connections in just about everything that's been posted. Here's my two cents:

"The Sky is Falling" - Thrice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iw_JIuzing
    In case the title doesn't give away the feeling, I imagine this in a Sky Chase Zone for Sonic 2.

"Map of the Problematique" - Muse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm75sn9zZVs
    I see this playing during a boss battle, maybe in one of the Sonic Adventure games.

"Avenida Revolution" - Chickenfoot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQzHpQ4AmU
    To me this has a very industrial feel to it, so I'm thinking for either a Flying Battery Zone/Death Egg Zone in Sonic 3, or the Metropolis Zone in Sonic 2.

13. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water

Jazzy tracks like this work great in Sonic games. (Which is why I love the Sonic Colors soundtrack so far)

One could also go to Pandora and start a new station w/ Jaco Pastorius, then add Stanley Clarke as a variety.

14. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

This always reminds me of some sort of Sonic CD music. Like some sort of bad future in a metallic themed level.

15. MrCoconuts

MrCoconuts

Mercilessly tortured by Robotnik Member
    Mobius
    waiting for approval

Seriously sounds like something from the Sonic CD JP/EU soundtrack...

The acid house music craze that was going around when it was released probably inspired it lots.

16. kazade

kazade

A 2D Physics Engine
  17. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    The main theme for Gran Turismo 5

Sounds like something we might get in a 'Riders' game X3

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    C:\Windows\media\onestop.mid

About 35 seconds in has always sounded like a Sonic song to me. Up until the next segment, that is.

EDIT: Necro-edit, but I just realized something.

This is not me failing at uploading. Everybody should have that midi at that location if they run Windows XP or later. Carry on.

19. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Seeing as we're coming near to Christmas, this Relient K song really sounds like a Sonic Adventure-type song:

20. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

TBD
    This theme sounds like it could have been in Sonic Adventure:

Of course, it helps that Jun Senoue was a composer for this game. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.