don't click here

Monster World I and IV finally coming overseas

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by ICEknight, Mar 19, 2012.

1. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    For those wondering, the Wii Virtual Console versions seem to have the usual sound flaws: scratchy sound for the Arcade (probably caused by the volume being set too high) and just plain wrong noises for the Mega Drive games.

This is judging from the preview video in the 3DS shop.

3. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    it's also coming out in Xbox Live Arcade this week. It costs 800 MSP, and includes Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Arcade),Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis/Mega Drive) and Monster World IV (Genesis/Mega Drive).
    The others recent pack of games are out too ( alex kidd, revenge of shinobi, hang on, golgen axe I/II/III, streets of rage 1, 2 and 3....). Each compilation costs 800 MSP, and each individual game costs 4'99 $ in PSN. Aparently, the Golden Axe and Streets of rage titles ain't coming to PSN.

4. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    now that's out on the psn, anyone who got either MonsterWorld IV or Revenge of Shinobi, feel free to let me know if the emulation is good :)

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Monster World Collection and Alex Kidd & Co Collection are now on XBLA, both for 800 MS points. Just tried the Monster World demo, the port's done by M2 so the emulation seems to be fine. It also has a very nice menu.

6. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Just got the Monster World collection on XBLA, and it is absolutely amazing! it has a great intro, and lots of options, a "music box" section where you can hear all the musi from the threee games, you can slect the japanese,american or european rom, can select the screen resolution up to pixel selection....very, very good collection!!! in the alex kidd one you can even play a special game mode called "trial" where you have to reach certain archievements ingame, similar to the ones in Sonic Gems Collection. Very, Very good.

here is a video of the alex kidd one, I couldn't find the Monster World one, but its very similar.

7. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I love the intro on these new releases. On the separated PSN versions, the intro shows all six games, but silhouettes the games you don't own yet. I have picked up Monster World IV and Super Hang On so far. Love these ports, I hope they keep cranking out more of these especially of arcade games.

8. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

Ok, got Revenge of Shinobi and MWIV, just beat RoS and I have to say I'm really glad they got a new emulator around, those ports are perfect! They even have concepts art, challenges, jukebox and they even propose to select the region of the ROM!!
    Finally SEGA pays a little more respect to its old games with an excellent emulator

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Out if curiosity, which version of Revenge of Shinobi is being used now? The same one as the Wii Virtual Console's?

10. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I believe it is yes because the Spiderman boss is now pink. Also Musashi's face got edited on the main screen and mentions of Spiderman have been removed from the screen that follows SEGA.

11. ReBirFh

ReBirFh

Is it possible to extract the trial stages from Alex Kidd? the concept art and bonus would be welcome too.

12. RACCAR

RACCAR

Dragon Team Member
    Madrid Spain
    Spiderhog, Sonic Ages, and Sonic Paradise
    I love the new theme of the main menu in The Revenge of Shinobi. Is there anyway to extract this one? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

These new compilations doesn't include the filter the older one had, based on the Super Eagle from Gens:

[​IMG]

I liked it, I would love to see it back

13. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I would personally love rips of all the remixes from these vintage collection menus. I am addicted to the Monster World IV one.

14. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Could somebody at least extract the backgrounds, please? There's some lovely concept art on those, and it's hard to appreciate in a darkened-out panel behind a game.

15. I'm playing through the game for the first time on PSN, and I thought that second Pyramid dungeon statue-puzzle was pretty clever. What was it like in Japanese and the fan-translation?

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It's been a long while, but I remember needing a FAQ in order to solve it, in the fan translation.

17. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Can somebody show me which of all the puzzles are you talking about? I don't remember ever getting stuck with the fantranslation.

18. In each of the three pyramid dungeons you have to place the five statues in a specific order.

In the second pyramid dungeon of the recent official translation, the two hint scrolls state,
    "When one's end is another's beginning..." and "Look at the statue names carefully..."

The solution is that
    you have to place them order according to the first letter and last letter of the statue names: swalloW-WitcH-Horned owL-LeoparD-Desert turtle

I have no idea what the fan translation or the Japanese version are like.

19. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    For some reason I can't remember any puzzle like that at all o_O (and yes, I have beaten the game, which is why I'm asking)

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    My favorite thing about all these new vintage collection releases is that they brought back an updated version of the iconic "SEEEEE-GAAAAA" jingle that most Sega consoles used to bring with. These releases are of a substantially higher quality than sega's old releases, and they stand out amongs the other retro-ports on XBL and PSN in general. Sega has been awesome on the DD front.