don't click here

Mikel's Unnamed Sonic 3K hack

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Mikel, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    How about—if it's possible—to make something this this?

2. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    I have also gone for a sunset look for ssz, but its lighter than yours. AIZ, looks better(although I don't know what you changed). The HCZ act 2's fg palette looks better than act 1's but the colour, doesn't fit with the Bg. (Might want to work on that). And as before MHZ looks really good, the best I think.

3. Mikel

Mikel

More new images await:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As always, comments, suggestions and criticism are welcome.

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I really like the palette in Launch Base Zone, nighttime fits the level better IMO. Great work! BTW off topic but Zero is my favorite character from the entire MMX series. ^^

5. Ritchie Ramone

Ritchie Ramone

The LBZ act 2 palette is fantastic! Is the entire game going to go through a progressive day/night cycle with the pelette?

6. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    The LBZ palettes are looking pretty good!, and the DEZ palettes nice.(Better than my purple in DEZ IMO)

7. Mikel

Mikel

Some levels, like ICZ, LBZ, MHZ, and SSZ will go through a progressive day/night cycle per act.

As for MGZ and CNZ, they won't go through the progressive day/night cycle, as their respective palettes affect both Act 1 and Act 2.

8. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Reverse all the daytimes, and add stars at night.

9. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Well if you're going to have some levels set in the evening you should have him turn into a werewolf or a vampire or something to spice things up.

No, I'm kidding, that would be awful. Looks good.

10. Mikel

Mikel

I would like to remake that background in my S3K hack, but I'll wait till Stealth adds Sonic 3K support for SonED2.

Oh, and new screenshots:

The most-recent palettes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I redid these palettes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Tidbit

Tidbit

I have to say, HCZ's pallet looks trippy.

12. Most of this looks great, the only real actual screenshots I want to comment on are the last ones.
    I prefer your original HCZ palettes (the green and blue were cool and suitable I thought) same with Mushroom Hill
    And Sandopolis palette I would change, it's the trickiest one out the lot really as it kind HAS to be sand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.