don't click here

Michael Jackson & Sonic 3

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Qjimbo, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Sonic Jam was released years before the Sega Saturn was made? :P He was talking about Sonic Jam, not about MJ's Jam.

2. booo95

booo95

I sure hope your talking about the song jam cause the sega saturn wasn't released in 92. If you are talking about sonic jam then you should put a sign around your neck that says idiot.

3. Shade

Shade

Argh stix. I was talking about the song. Sorry, I'm an idiot for not noticing he meant Sonic Jam. Carry on then.

4. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    nvm, didn't realize there was another page.

5. We need a sign for your neck that says "presumptuous ass." Just because Shade got confused (by ambiguous language) doesn't mean you need to call him names.

Could somebody get sound clips of Stranger in Moscow and the credits where these similarities are seen so I can stop thinking I'm the only one who can't hear the connection?

6. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I haven't got them, but however, the error you tend to make is that you want to match the entire song and you don't compare each instrument instead. The only connection I see between the Sonic 3 credits music (music $26 in Sound Test) and Stranger in Moscow are the drums. Nothing more. Of course I can be missing something.

EDIT: grammar.

7. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
  8. Zeck

Zeck

Hmm, I actually don't really see the similarities in Stranger in Moscow and the Credits, but however I do the rest of the similarities. Great work! =D

9. booo95

booo95

He said he ment the song after I posted so that means I never really called him an idiot.

10. CheeseBacon

CheeseBacon

I am the greatest character ever. Member
    Flash
    That's a pretty shaky justification. What was offensive was the tone of your post. Like Lemming said, it was just fairly ambiguous language that caused the mistake. It's nothing to jump on a guy about. Besides, your post was redundant. It came nine minutes one before it that made the same point except in a much more amiable way. It's pretty safe to assume you didn't miss it because it's hard to believe that what you wrote took nine minutes, judging by the grammatical errors. Therefore it's likely you saw the point was made and still decided to put in your unnecessary affront. Don't blow a typo out of proportion. Everyone fucks up at some point.

In regards to the S3 Credits and Stranger in Moscow similarities, that one took the longest for me to get too. For me it was just that the tone of the two songs are very dissimilar. But taking the tempo and the "Go Go Go"s out of the equation, the chords are nearly identical. You'll hear it eventually.

...Jesus.

It's over.

11. Shade

Shade

To further argue my Smooth Criminal/Ice Cap observation, I'd like to present to you all a nifty little comparison mp3 Qjimbo made after he decided it sounded much more similar than he initially thought:

http://qjimbo.projectsonic.com/smooth-icz.mp3

Now tell me that shit isn't Ice Cap.

12. booo95

booo95

I'm starting to think that smooth criminal is like ice cap now.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I listened to this 3 times in a row.

I doubt the comparison even more now.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Any chances of re-uploading these? No need to check the rest of Stranger In Moscow when it's just the end what matches perfectly. Those MP3s were perfect to illustrate the similarities.

15. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    I wonder, wouldn't it be possible to hack the "Go" DAC sample out of Sonic 3 so that it'd be simpler to compare the songs?

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It'd be easier to just disable the DAC for the whole song, so you can compare the notation and nothing else.

Otherwise, I guess I could replace the voice-based samples with different ones.

17. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Nice update: I'm back in contact with Roger Hector, and should hopefully get some confirmation on this shiizzle.

18. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
  19. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    I find it easier to hear if I'm listening to the two overlayed, rather than just side-by-side. But yeah, I've heard it. I'm a believah, baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.