MegaDrive Overclocking Bloopers Reel

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Epicenter, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epicenter

Epicenter

Resident Ecco Fanatic Tech Member
    USA
    Ecco Prototype Documentation
    If this doesn't prove MegaDrive/Genesis overclocking is hard work, nothing will. Here are some videos I captured of the problems I had to contend with before I got a working machine. Most of these are captured from Sonic games, but I've got a Gunstar Heroes one in here too. More to come.

NOTE: These videos are glitchy as hell, but look how smooth they are. Even at laggy points, like the collapsing platforms. Videos are MPEG-4 format.

http://www.epicgaming.net/bloopers/

GHZ1.AVI - Sound and video glitches, VRAM gets very upset at me. Horrible RING/TIME Statistics problems.

GHZ2.AVI - Note how the physics are flawed by some math errors on the CPU- I hit a 10-ring box from the left and it bounces as though I hit it from underneath. I run right under it. Peculiar .. Horrible RING/TIME Statistics problems.

SPRINGYARD.AVI - Horrible Level Select corruption, tile problems, music not too bad ..

FINALZONE.AVI - Final Zone, horribly corrupted.

FINALZONE2.AVI - Final Zone with the title card and title screen merged in the most freakish way imaginable.. even MORE corruption than before.

GUNSTAR_HEROES.AVI - Gunstar Heroes' first level, near total VRAM corruption. Sound intact.

---

Funny shit. :(

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    This multiformat topic brought to you courtesy of S2B and Sonic CulT. *shot for using ICEknight's joke again*

3. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Um. I watched GHZ.AVI and WMP hung after a couple of seconds. Do check that those movies aren't corrupt. Please.

4. Epicenter

Epicenter

Resident Ecco Fanatic Tech Member
    USA
    Ecco Prototype Documentation
    If you are having crashes or lockups, download and install this patch for your MPEG-4 codec. Extract the ZIP, right click on the .inf file and select "INSTALL". All should then be well. If Windows asks you OMG THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL just click Continue.

http://www.moviecodec.com/download/mpegfix.zip

As for the multiformat topic .. yes, the SClassic one needed a bit stating "HOLY CRAP I'm BACK LOL" another one needed to dispel the belief that I figured out OC'ing the MD/Genesis in 5 minutes and don't deserve credit (Cult) etc..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.