don't click here

Mega Theory - Sonic CD 2

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Qjimbo, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I was thinking about Sonic CD recently and how the Sonic sprite is from Sonic 1, even though the game was released after Sonic 2. And the "See you next game" pic of Tails. Then I thought
    about how the zones are like the ones in Sonic 1,
    Collision Chaos is like Spring Yard and Tidal Tempest is like Labyrinth. Then it hit me. Sonic CD is Sonic 1 with Time Travel. Thus, Sonic 2 CD - as mentioned in a magazine article, WOULD BE SONIC 2 WITH TIME TRAVEL. There are various other hints towards this. When Sonic 2 CD was canceled, they used the nicer starpost which I beleive was for jumping into the past or future. In the Sonic 2 Beta, Wood Zone was Metropolis past. Or Genocide City was metropolis or chemical plant zones bad future.
    There have been hints to Time travel in Sonic 2
    before, but these were planned for the CD Version.
    The same could be for Hidden Palace. It was such a good zone they kept it for the CD version, then when S2CD was cancelled they didn't have time to put it back in.

Any Thoughts on This?

2. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Sonic CD uses the engine of Sonic 1, that's why they are so similar. Also, the team that was working on Sonic CD had absolutely no relation to the team that made Sonic 2, aside from oth being SEGA of course.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Eh?

I didn't suggest that Sonic CD and Sonic 2 were related, in fact the opposite. Sega wanted Sonic 1, Sonic CD (Effectivly Sonic 1 CD) then Sonic 2, then Sonic 2 CD. However due to the time taken to make Sonic CD, it was completed after Sonic 2. I think that Sonic 2 CD was cancelled because of this.
    I expect SEGA didn't want people to think that Sonic 1 CD was a step backward, and so renamed it Sonic CD and edited the zones. Come on, Tidal Tempest is loads like Labyrinth!

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

The article

Here's the article for those who don't know

[​IMG]

Thanks to SSG for that image

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.