don't click here

Mario & Sonic 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, May 17, 2013.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

A green crystal Member
    Nah, the third game was set to be released in 2014.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The 3DS is doing well, while the Wii U... isn't. My guess is that Nintendo asked for a Wii U version only to try and sell consoles.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It wasn't at the time. 3DS version appears to have got lost somewhere.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Actually, I don't think a 3DS version was ever announced. We just assumed so at the time cause all previous Mario & Sonic games had a DS or 3DS version.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Whatever. I've edited the topic title anyway.

6. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    So far, here's what the reviews are whining about:
    • No new characters. Of course, if there *were* new characters, they'd be whining about that, too. (You can't really add that many new characters to M&S anyway - while there's several more Sonic characters that could be added, there aren't enough Mario characters to balance it out.)
    • Requires Wii Motion Plus. You can bet that they won't be whining about Xbone or PS4 not being compatible with 360 or PS3 controllers, though.
    • Fewer events. Perhaps it's because several of the events in 2010 were merely clones of each other? (Winter Olympics is merely 50 different kinds of sliding, after all. :eng101:)
    • Online play sucks because "in a few years, no one will be online to play". (uh huh)
    You'd think that based on past history with reviewers' "OMFG THE GAME IS IN ACH DEE!!!" reviews, they'd be content with just the fact that M&S 2014 is ACH DEE!!!11111

tl;dr I'll be doing an actual review once I get the game on Friday. [Review copy not provided; I'm buying the game myself.]

7. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >We will never explore Daisy's kingdom again

9. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    These games are just cockteases of what could be and are only worthwhile for the mixes that come out of the whole shebang. Music rip where?

10. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Well, that's a track I wasn't expecting a remix of. They need to keep making these games if just for these things =P

11. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Yeah, the main thing I like out of these games is the wacky character selection (VS. WALUIGI!!!) (VS. EGGMAN NEGA!) (USE METAL SONIC FOR FIGURE SKATING) and the music... it's sort of more for the novelty than anything else.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA
    Add one to the US sales total.

And as for the Wii Remote+ that comes with it...
    [​IMG]
    FUCKING GENIUS!!!

13. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    They added an externally-accessible sync button some time ago. (And in order to press it, you have to use a thin object like a pencil... or the wrist strap buckle, which now has a sync-button-pressing tool.)

Granted, this should've been implemented on the original Wii Remote in the first place. :v:

(Incidentally, this wasn't available on early Wii Remote Pluses. I have a black Wii Remote Plus that was included with FlingSmash, and it does not have an externally-accessible sync button.)

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA
    Ah, I see. The last one I got was the one that came with Skyward Sword. Oh well. Still cool.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33Yyd3l_8M

Advertising.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Her Mii is aso being distributed with Street Spots across the US.

17. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Before this topic dies for good lets post some sonic remixes from this game (the volume is a bit low):

Diamond Dust act 1

Blizzard Peaks act 1

There is also Splash Hill act 1.

18. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    I absolutely love those kinds of commercials, mostly for the people playing. I imagine like a director sitting in one of those high chairs saying: "No, no, no... Pretend you're having fun, Jamie, goddamnit", "Alright, take three, now with more smile Action!", "Someone take this fucking retard out of that fucking Sonic costume", "Act like you're having the time of your life playing the game!".

It's especially fun when they take famous people who can't act for shit.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Why is there never any love for the Saturn version :(

Also these remixes make me wish that they'd ditch the whole Olympic gimmick and just make a Mario Party esq game in various Sonic and Mario environments. I don't care for the Olympic stuff, but the dream events are always great. We need more of those.

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ybQZVzS1M
    It happens, but it's certainly rare. Also, Senoue Maeda's Diamond Dust Act 1 is a bit more lively than Jacques', although Act 2 would've been pretty nice. Still, I think Senoue is in charge of most of the remixes, since I recall most of the Sonic related music that pops up in these games comes from his tenure as a main music composer.