don't click here

Malevolence's Bosses

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Malevolence, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Well, I think some time next weekend I'll actually be able to do something. For now there was an ice storm in my town and power's out for like three days so I'm at my grandparents. I got kind of bored so I worked my charm on another S2 boss, although this was kind of a lazy edit. I know that sometimes a shot below spreads fire anyway, but I thought this adds fun to the boss. Feedback on bosses is always appreciated. Introducing the new OOZ boss.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Is this really beatable? =O

And also... is that Robotnik smirking? Nice work.

3. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Yes, I've beat it quite a few times, you just have to figure out a pattern and it becomes easy.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Yes, because I could beat it, so it probably isn't as hard as it looks =P Hint: stay in the left platform. It's easier to dodge the bullets from there.

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    This was probably the easiest boss of the three you've made so far, in fact.

6. Anthall

Anthall

Spambot Member
    Leicester, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog - The Final Showdown
    Yeah this boss is by far the easiest, when the snake thing is twirling around and hit me, I always managed to collect a ring, so I kept following this patten to defeat the boss.

Good Work!

7. GIHunter

GIHunter

Actually, I think this one is the second hardest, GHZ is the easiest cuz of the invincibility monitor.

8. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Well, since the OOZ was so easy comparatively I decided to add a little challenge for all of you. Introducing the new MTZ Boss.

9. I managed to freeze your OOZ boss :) I held down and this happened, I managed to recreate it. I also once managed to kill robotnick as a badnik (the score counter came up and the pop sound played, but he came back after.)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nkBAhBuINTM

10. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Ah, okay, thanks. I'll look into what's going on then fix it.

11. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    It'd at be awesome if someone could post videos of Malevolence's bosses, so we preview what we see.

12. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I've seen this happen in S2AE's Neo Gigapolis boss as well. When playing as Tails, if you hit him while flying, poof. Only, he doesn't come back in this case.

13. It's probably because the eggman object is reloaded each time he pops up on screen (or routine is repeated). Anyway, it took me forever just to record it, I got it to freeze twice but the third time was tricky. After I killed eggman as a badnik I died so and I couldn't re create it. It happened when he was in the oil (heading back down after the hit) I also hit him a few times and just bumped off and the hit didn't 'count'

14. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    That's because Tails's tails kill on contact. And it seems that they didn't check if the enemy was a boss, thus causing Robotnik to dissappear like a normal enemy. I had something similar in SSD with the leaf shield, which had the same effect. :eng101:

15. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Well, it's been a while. I've been working on my s2 hack and making awesome bosses for SFactor. Tonight I got a little bored and decided to do something neat with an existing boss. So, I did something I believe no one has before. Try out this CPZ boss, I did it in thirty minutes. It's in the third act of the first zone. Let me know what you think, and have fun!

16. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Nice work. Although, you need to fix something with that port. When I was in the boss battle, the invincibillity stars around Sonic had some messed up graphics.

17. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    I hereby laugh in advance at anyone who tries to kill this boss using the easy method in S2.

Good job Malevolence, although as said previously the invincibility stars were messed up, as well as the egg capsule at the end, and the badnik's exploding. Also, after beating the boss, the boss music stayed on. Just a few minor bugs, but meh, aside from that it plays fine :D

18. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    Cool. It's harder than the S2 boss but it's still easy.

19. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Nice work, Malevolence. It's a shame that I didn't get my boss port (another one, not CPZ) done before yours but we'll see, maybe in a few days time I'll show it.
    Also, Sonic 1 physics with this boss, it's harder but then again, this is Malevolence who ported this. *runs*

20. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Thanks everyone. The graphical problems were all just with plcs which are easy to fix but I was kind of lazy with them because apparently the s1 egg capsule uses a lot more VRAM than its s2 equivalent I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.