don't click here

Making PAL MegaDrive games 60Hz-friendly

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Wesker

Wesker

Now that I see this thread up, there's something I have always wondered about the Virtual Console ROM of Mega Turrican.

Is it normal that it freezes/locks up on real hardware? It doesn't happen on emulators though, but on console you aren't able to reach very far due to the random lock ups which don't happen at all with the original North American and European versions of the game.

2. Xhojn

Xhojn

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but there's so much cool information in here. I'm trying to do the opposite and make an NSTC game run at 50Hz instead. Or to be more exact make it so that the music stays in sync with the cutscenes. The game is Lunar: Eternal Blue and I have patched the game to run on PAL consoles but now the video runs slower compared to the music.

It would be a dream if the whole game would run at the correct speed but I would be happy with just having either the music slowed down or the cutscenes sped up. I have seen in the previous comments about changing the temp via hex which I'm happy to do but not sure how to find the correct address to alter?

Interestingly the creators made a special driver called PCMDRV.bin in the game but there is little on the internet about it as I assume the temp would be set in there.