Make a Wish foundation makes a Sonic fan's day

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheGrandChawhee, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <a href="http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2011/02/01/jjay/" target="_blank">Clickie Clickie</a>

Just warms your heart doesn't it?

EXCEPT THE GOD DAMN SONIC HAS GREEEEEEEEEEEEN EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

EDIT: oopsy fix'd link durrr

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's so sweet. I bet that really made that kid's day.

Kinda makes you go daaawwwwwww a bit huh?

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    <!--quoteo(post=553581:date=Feb 1 2011, 05:25 AM:name=Kail)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kail @ Feb 1 2011, 05:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553581">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->EXCEPT THE GOD DAMN SONIC HAS GREEEEEEEEEEEEN EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh give it a rest! Hes a kid with an illness he probably didn't even KNOW sonic had black eyes once!

Also the link isn't working atm so just C/P to read the article.

4. dsrb

dsrb

<!--quoteo(post=553618:date=Feb 1 2011, 03:49 PM:name=Lanzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lanzer @ Feb 1 2011, 03:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553618">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=553581:date=Feb 1 2011, 05:25 AM:name=Kail)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kail @ Feb 1 2011, 05:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553581">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->EXCEPT THE GOD DAMN SONIC HAS GREEEEEEEEEEEEN EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Oh give it a rest! Hes a kid with an illness he probably didn't even KNOW sonic had black eyes once!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->the joke

your head

5. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    <!--quoteo(post=553581:date=Feb 1 2011, 08:25 AM:name=Kail)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kail @ Feb 1 2011, 08:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553581">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://Sonic%20City%20Blognik%20article" target="_blank">http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2011/02/01/jjay/</a>

Just warms your heart doesn't it?

EXCEPT THE GOD DAMN SONIC HAS GREEEEEEEEEEEEN EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You might want to fix the hyperlink, it's broken.

Also, I love when stuff like this happens :), it's just heartwarming.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    <!--quoteo(post=553620:date=Feb 1 2011, 07:54 AM:name=dsrb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dsrb @ Feb 1 2011, 07:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553620">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->the joke

your head<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm just sick of hearing that compliant joke or not. Its old, let it die.

...But thats diverting the topic. And thats the last thing I want to do.

ON TOPIC, I saw that the kid got a special editon of sonic colors with the figurines. funny how he got one for free and yet from what I remember in the colors topic that people had to fight tooth and nail just to get those from some online store. Lucky kid.

Also, that facepainter does good work!

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    <!--quoteo(post=553627:date=Feb 1 2011, 09:10 AM:name=Lanzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lanzer @ Feb 1 2011, 09:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553627">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ON TOPIC, I saw that the kid got a special editon of sonic colors with the figurines. funny how he got one for free and yet from what I remember in the colors topic that people had to fight tooth and nail just to get those from some online store. Lucky kid.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I mean not to sound like an asshole but the kid's gonna die, let him get it easily. Also the game's been out for a while now I'm sure they had some extras lying around Sega's offices or something.

If I had the opportunity for a Make a Wish wish I would ask to oversee all development for Sonic 4 and have complete control over everything they do with that game. I would make it my dream game.

8. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

[​IMG]

*tears up a little bit*

Very nice indeed.

9. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    <!--quoteo(post=553632:date=Feb 1 2011, 04:24 PM:name=0r4ng3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (0r4ng3 @ Feb 1 2011, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553632">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

*tears up a little bit*

Very nice indeed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

It's so heartwarming seeing that. Just appreciate it for what it is and be happy for the kid.

10. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    <a href="http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2011/02/01/jjay/" target="_blank">This is how you URL</a>.

I really hope that was Roger Craig Smith (or another official Sonic) in that outfit. Seems unlikely though, they would have mentioned it if it had been.

11. SEGAMew

SEGAMew

The Obsessive One Member
    Cosmic Interstate
    Eddie Lebron's Sonic FanFilm Concept Art
    <!--quoteo(post=553645:date=Feb 1 2011, 12:06 PM:name=minichapman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (minichapman @ Feb 1 2011, 12:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553645">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=553632:date=Feb 1 2011, 04:24 PM:name=0r4ng3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (0r4ng3 @ Feb 1 2011, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553632">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

*tears up a little bit*

Very nice indeed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

It's so heartwarming seeing that. Just appreciate it for what it is and be happy for the kid.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That photo is so adorable! :) This kind of news should happen more often, rather than some 13 year old playing Sonic Colors theme off keyed on a piano or a Sonic chess set on eBay that has been in the market for nearly a year.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    <!--quoteo(post=553776:date=Feb 1 2011, 02:21 PM:name=SEGAMew)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SEGAMew @ Feb 1 2011, 02:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553776">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That photo is so adorable! :) This kind of news should happen more often, rather than some 13 year old playing Sonic Colors theme off keyed on a piano or a Sonic chess set on eBay that has been in the market for nearly a year.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I see what you did there...

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    [​IMG]

But in all seriousness, that was a heartwarming start to my day. :)

14. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I noticed that guy too. Like a frightening clown.

15. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    This is just plain damn heartwarming. This sort of thing just improves my mood, you know? It's good to see this kid getting what he wants. Today just seems that much better.

16. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    <!--quoteo(post=553786:date=Feb 1 2011, 05:51 PM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Feb 1 2011, 05:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553786">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Scary Sonic Man Staring at J-Jay<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

God, hide the women and children. o.o

That was wonderful. It's nice to see this sort of thing happening for kids. Sonic loves you guys!

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    <!--quoteo(post=553786:date=Feb 1 2011, 05:51 PM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Feb 1 2011, 05:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553786">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

But in all seriousness, that was a heartwarming start to my day. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This thread initially was quite heartwarming, and made me feel great to be a Sonic fan (somehow).

Now...it's just full of horror. :ohdear:

In all seriousness, that was awesome. I remember as a kid, how cool I thought it would be to meet Sonic. It's fantastic to see that come about for someone, particularly a kid in his situation.

18. This was really sweet, but at the same time it's very, very sad that this poor kid probably won't be able to make it too long in his life to realize what true happiness can lie ahead for a person as they progress through their life. Right now, his greatest dream and day was accomplished-- he spent the day with his (fictional) hero. But there's so much that could lie ahead for this kid if he wasn't sick. So unfortunate. :(

At the same time, sometimes things should just be taken at face value. This kid was so happy and that's great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.