don't click here

Lost levels, maybe!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Slypher, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slypher

Slypher

A proud member here since May 25, 2003. Member
    Ok, some people may know this since I posted something similar like this.

Alright try these GG codes on your Sonic 2 beta game when you activeite these codes go to the level select and click Green hill zone act 1.

AA7A-ACGY Lost level 01
    AA7A-AGGY Lost level 03
    AA7A-ANGY Lost level 06
    AA7A-AWGY Lost level 09

I have threoys on what these levels are but I'm not going into that!

EDIT: YAY 100 POSTS !!!!!

2. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    Thanks Dude ;)

*Runs to Emulator*

3. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    Lost level 01 brings me to Green Hill 2 Player

4. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    They all bring me to Green Hill 2 Player

5. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    One question: how do you get the emulator and the Genesis to work? What do you do, exactly? I mean, do you hook the Genesis to the computer? I've never done this before, and I really want to see these "lost" levels. Also, will it damage the computer? The last thing that I need is Dad finding out that because I downloaded something from the Internet, now the computer's messed up and he'll have to erase the hard drive. One more thing: the Genesis we own is extremely crappy, it's very lucky to still be able to turn on. It's been kicked a couple of times (not by me! Honest!), and, will it work? If it doesn't, can I use the SEGA Nomad instead?

Oops, that was more than one question, that was six questions! :lol:

6. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
  7. Slypher

Slypher

Did you click Act 2 or 1 because in the beta it goes stage 00 (Act 1) and stage 01 (Act 2)!

8. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    I don't usually use Game Genie codes, console or emulator. Could someone put up some pictures somewhere?

EDIT: Sorry, emerald kid, we were writing our posts at the same time and yours came before mine.

9. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member

I clicked Stage 00

10. Slypher

Slypher

No prob, I'll make screenshots right away just need a place to host these screenshots. ^_^

11. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
  12. Slypher

Slypher

Then I know, in the GG part of the emulator click on that code once you'll see something blue, then click ok that might be the problem.

13. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    It works!

It's like genocide city, you fall with a strange background...

Do you think there is a link with the time travel, because it play oil ocean's music, etc...

14. hmmm...guess I'll try these latter, once I get the files again :-/

15. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Yes, well, I think I can download everything I'll need, I just need to know what to do. I mean, where does my SEGA Genesis come in? I know I'm supposed to download the ROM, and the emulator, but I just feel so........lost.

PC2, thanks for the links. ;)

16. Rob Jinnai

Rob Jinnai

Not really master of theory debunking anymore Tech Member
    Custom Game Engine Prototypes
    Okay. Well, first, let's note what emulation is...\

em?u?la?tion
    1. Effort or ambition to equal or surpass another.
    2. Imitation of another.
    3. Computer Science. The process or technique of emulating

Definition 2 (and to a lesser extent 1 I guess) is what emulation is all about. Super Tech Geeks wrote a program that basically pretends that it is a Sega Genesis/MegaDrive. Then they hooked their cartridges to their computers and dumped the information they contained into a data file.

All YOU have to do is download an emulator (the one named "Gens" is probably on of the best and is also a 32X and SegaCD emulator) and a ROM file. All the hard work was already taken care of on your behalf. :P You don't have to hook your Genesis to your computer or anything weird like that.

This is true for any cartridge loading system that is chosen to be emulated. Generally disc-based systems will usually try to adapt your computer's CD-ROM drive for use as the game device, OR some will load ISOs which are dumps of CDs. That's a larger scale but hopefully the prior information will be enough to get you started.

Actually, please do. We can certainly discuss the actual missing slots more than we can discuss game genie codes. :P

I already stated what I think of what you're calling "Lost level 01" in the other topic:
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index....topic=431&st=15

Hmm... the only thing I can suggest for #6 is that in the final version Wing Fortress takes the slot. But that doesn't really mean that any of these empty slots coorespond to their final version counterparts. In fact, every single one, since they disrupt the flow of "real" levels, could very well be development deletions that once contained something we never got to see!

17. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Oops. Misread it. I thought you had to hook up your Genesis to the computer. :lol: I've downloaded everything, but what are the Notepad files for? I mean, what do I do to get the game window to come up? Sorry for being such a pain, but this is the first time I've done this, so after I know what to do, this'll probably never happen again.

18. shadow111

shadow111

Banned
    my house
    trying to make some hoaxes
    ya just go to the main file

19. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    OK, Shadow, check out my edited post in the pinned topic.

20. shadow111

shadow111

Banned
    my house
    trying to make some hoaxes
    ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.