don't click here

Looking into the music development of Sonic Adventure 1&2

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by eldarin, Feb 25, 2021.

1. eldarin

eldarin

Hello! I have been searching to find any information on sonic adventure's 1&2 music development and surprisingly enough it doesn't seem like there is much although having such unique and distinct OSTs. Can anyone point me in the right direction on searching for this? I would greatly appreciate it...I have only found a website or two. Let me know, please! Thank you

2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    If there’s not much documentation on it already, chances are people won’t be able to tell you where to go looking.

With that said, I’d say your best bet is politely and respectfully getting in touch with the artists via Twitter and Facebook to see if they’d be willing to be interviewed. Remember to be respectful of boundaries and keep things professional if you’re going to do this, however.

3. eldarin

eldarin

excellent idea! Im new to the fourms so wasnt sure if there is alot of stuff uncovered on here I havent found but I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion :)

4. Pengi

Pengi

Any information is probably a bit scattered. You have a few options:

1. Find scans of the booklets that came with CD soundtrack releases. Same goes for compilation releases.

2. See if the official guide books for the games have any interviews with the music staff.

3. Google for interviews with specific talent, such as Jun Senoue.

4. Look up interviews pertaining to Sonic Adventure 1/2 in general, Yuji Naka might have had something to say about it at some point.

5. Jun Senoue was on the Sonic Station Live streams, there are probably some tidbits in there (in Japanese). I believe he also guested on a few episodes of the American "Sonic Official" stream.

5. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    When Sonic Adventure's soundtrack was released, Sonic Team's website did have commentary on every track in the game, though it was only in Japanese. That commentary, along with a slew of other Sonic music-related talk, has been translated into English over at a site called Sonic Notes. I'm not sure if that's one of the places you've found during your research, so if it is, apologies in advance. But if not, it's a pretty good starting point.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  6. eldarin

eldarin

Excellent idea thank you so much ill have to look into it

This is awesome! I havent heard of this website before, im definitely going to check it out! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2021
  7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    if you're curious about how the music sounded in development too, the Sonic Adventure Autodemo (the 10-16-1998 proto) has a boatload of unfinished tunes, and recently the official Sonic YT channel had been posting demo versions of tracks from SA2.

8. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Looks like Jun Senoue incorrectly thought that the song that eventually became the Twinkle Park theme was included in Sonic 3D (because he composed it at that time) and that people would have already heard it, but it turns out it was not, and we only recently got to hear the demo tape of it from Jon Burton, director of Traveller's Tales.

9. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    He's talking about Twinkle Cart, which was indeed used in 3D Blast for Panic Puppet.

10. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Whoops, you're right.

11. Pengi

Pengi

12. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member