don't click here

Little things that annoy you most in a Sonic game?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sakura Courage Solo, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flarn2006

flarn2006

When you lose all your lives in a boss fight in a game where you can load the boss where you left off without replaying the level. You have to go through the menus again and wait for the boss to reload, just so you can get another try from the exact same point you would start from had you just lost a life and had another one.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    If you hate SBZ final boss you suck eggs, such an easy boss how can anyone find it annoying.

3. RamiroR

RamiroR

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLLL!!!!

I still have that DAMN PHRASE in my mind xD

lol xD

Well, the thing I don't like.. is, well, simple, I hate every Sonic Adventure's dialog :)

4. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan

Sonic Slide and Punch! Member
    Yozora
    I noticed a lot of people have been mentioning the EHZ passages. I know of a glitch that allows you to get into one of them.

The CNZ barrel is easy too =P

My most annoying things are the piranha things in HCZ in S3, and those badniks that are like a star-shooter, but they don't shoot. It's almost impossible to kill them!

Also, before I knew about S&K what use to annoy me were those rocks in AIZ in Sonic 3 that blocked sonic from going into Knuckles Boss Zone.

5. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    A couple of 3D complaints I've come up with:

- It's too easy to skip over the little platforming that is in the game. Oh there's a neat little platforming challenge here but if you're too much of a pussy you can just use a homing attack into the conveniently placed spinner or some bullshit.

- Tails sucks. Seriously, ever since Sonic Adventure he's been the most boring character ever. It doesn't help that his voice actors have given uniformly dull performances.

- Are we really to believe that Sonic and Amy are the only anthromorphic hedgehogs in Sonic's world? Why are there so many humans when the only animals are the main ones? They should bring back Sonic's friends from the Genesis games (like Flicky and Sally).

- In Sonic Unleashed you can't restart during boss fights or the Tornado mini-games.

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Wasn't aware Flicky and Sally were hedgehogs, and I'm pretty sure Silver, and Shadow are.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I wasn't aware that Sally was a character from the Genesis games.

All of the characters from the Genesis games have made an appearance in pretty much any game. The only game Knuckles isn't in is Unleashed, and thus is pretty much neck-and-neck with Tails.

8. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    It was one of the animals that would be released by badniks in Sonic 1 and I think Sonic 2 too. The interpretation of Sally as a princess and such was given later by the comics.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Oh, the little animal friends? Pocky, Rocky, Flicky?

(Then again there was also technically that spinball cameo...)

10. Sonic 1, 2 and 3.
    - Mainly because I'm sometimes lazy and stop at the third Stage :-/
    - Sonic 3: Lolz, teh carnival drum

Sonic CD
    - The Game Over music in the US music track.

Sonic the Fighters
    - Fang AI. He just shoots you always.

Sonic Heroes
    - Special Stages are hard... till you find out you need to HOLD the button and not MASH the button. I needed 5 Years till I got to the final boss with Metal Sonic -_-

11. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    The little things don't bug me. It's the big things that get on my nerves.

If I did have to say something though, it'd be that one place in Metropolis Zone where that one mantis enemy is waiting precariously placed at the top of one of those bouncing vertical climbing areas in a way that you are practically guaranteed to get hit and knocked back down and right back into the precarious situation.

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Those normally aren't a problem unless you're playing with Tails. He gets in the way of the platforms forming under you sometimes.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  14. Old School

Old School

The Spike Bug in Sonic 1

And like others said, that room in DEZ1 in Sonic and Knuckles. The Sonic 1 final boss is annoying too.

15. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    What is it with Act 2?
    • Scrap Brain Zone Act 2.
    • [​IMG]
    • Always getting Time Over in Carnival Night Zone Act 2, no matter what.
    • [​IMG]
    • And also in Sandopolis Zone Act 2, getting Time Over in the part with all that sand and also right before the boss.
    Enjoy.

16. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I think the Mantis badniks in Metropolis on Sonic 2.

They always seem to hit you...no matter how you approach them, the bastards always get you.

17. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Little things that annoy me in Sonic games? The fact that Dr. Robotnik is being referred to as "Dr. Eggman". I don't know what it is about that name, but for some reason, it just irritates me whenever I hear it (especially when he refers to himself as that). I don't understand why they couldn't continue using Dr. Robotnik in America, and just left the Eggman name in Japan where it belongs.

18. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Sonic Unleashed's running on butter physics a la Heroes.

The name Dr. Eggman

Shadow the Hedgehog. (Game)

Surrealism in Sonic Levels. We only get floating platforms, no checkerboard walls.

The fact the Comic's storyline isn't the Games' storyline! :)

Wacky Workbench. The one level that slightly tarnishes the best game ever.

The fact Sonic Adventure can barely run at 30FPS and SA2, a far better looking game, can run at 60+FPS with no slowdown on the same platform.

19. Yeah, well for me.
    It would be no problem if Sonic says Dr. Eggman, just to annoy him.
    But like you said, I find it really strange how he says Dr. Eggman himself not just Dr. Robotnik.

Also :
    When you drown because you missed the bubble and need to wait for that.

20. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    The Eggman name has been explained so many times, and personally, I always thought Robotnik was a pathetic name. When I first saw him in Sonic 1, I thought "Oh, wow... it's a man shaped like an egg!" At least by SA2, Sega wisened up and found a way to use both names. Ivo Robotnik for the actual name, and Dr Eggman for the alias. All the good villains have an alias.

As for what ticks me off about Sonic games... the lousy camera angles.

That is all. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.