don't click here

Little things that annoy you most in a Sonic game?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sakura Courage Solo, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDAdams

JDAdams

Technically correct but I think out of context. In the combined game, water exists in AIZ1/2, HCZ 1/2, CNZ2, ICZ2 and LBZ2 - that's 7/12 of S3 acts (58%) and 7/25 of S3&K acts (28%) - and of course 0/13 S&K acts (0%). Compare with S1, where 4/19 acts have water (21%), S2, where 3/20 (15%) have water, or SCD, where 3/21 (14%) do. S3&K is still a very wet game, even though S&K itself adds no water, and S3 even more so.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    All the way back to where? you just leave the hidden room to the right and continue to the end.

3. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    To get out of the room, you need to return back through all the lava path, just to throw another green block and go through it again. It's annoying =|

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Sik, that sounds like an area in Marble Zone 2. Are we talking about act 1 or 2 here?

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  6. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Dammit >=V

7. nineko

nineko

italy
    Also normal Sonic can get there with the electric shield. You're stuck anyway though.

8. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Sonic Advance has a Zone called Angel Island. It bears no resemblance to the one in Sonic 3.

It is, however, clearly designed for a larger screen. Lots of blind jumps.

Shame, as it would be really fun if you could see where you were going.

9. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Spring Yard Zone's...ehm... Just Spring Yard Zone. The zone makes NO SENSE.

The Flasher bugs in Mystic Cave Zone.

Chemical Plant Zone Boss Fight and missing those platforms.

10. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
  11. nineko

nineko

italy
  12. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
    I find it easier to fall from the top tunnel and into the wall, works 100% every time for me whereas it's pretty 50/50 if I jump from the floor

13. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    I'm actually pretty sure the first one is layer-dependent. I recall there's a very well defined behaviour on that, depending on what paths you take, Sonic will be on a different layer, and he may or may not be able to enter. Something I'm 100% sure is that if you manage to enter, you can go back and reenter as much as you want, while if you can't get it in the first try, you probably can't get the next ones. So there's a very well defined behaviour there other than "missing the jump".

Actually I wonder if it's the same tile as in the second path (BTW there are two of those).

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  15. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Marble Zone act 1's hidden room is the first main hidden area I remember, it's like "the" hidden room in sonic 1.

16. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    A minor annoyance regarding Spring Yard Zone:

I can't remember the music for that level. Seriously. It has to have the most forgettable stage music in a Sonic game ever.

17. DTX

DTX

A fellow w/a name fit for nary a man save himself Member
    Everyone else has pretty much mentioned everything there is to mention that is annoying in a Sonic game, and I can't really think of anything else myself. Well actually, I can think of one thing, but it's almost not worth mentioning.

- How loud the jump sound effect is. Seriously, couldn't they have made it just a little quieter in comparison to every other sound? It really gets on my nerves after doing a bunch of jumping. :thumbsup: The ring noise is kind of annoying too, but not as much as much as the jump noise, so it doesn't have to be made quieter as much as the jump noise has to be.

18. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    How could you forget the Spring Yard Theme?

E-E-C-A-E-C, A-B-Cs-E, A-B-Cs-E, F-F-D-B-F-D, Es!!!
    E-E-C-A-E-C, A-B-Cs-E, A-B-Cs-E, F-F-D-B-F-D, Es-Es-F-Es-F-G!

F-E-D-C-D-C-A, B-B-C-B-A-B-C, C-F-E-D-C-D-C-A, C, G, A-A-G-F!
    F-E-D-C-D-C-A, B-B-C-B-A-B-C, A, G-G-F-F-E-F-E-D.

(Es means E-sharp, A is the note below B, A is the note above G)

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Spring yard sticks in my head easily due to how it's spikey pink enemies also appear in bridge zone on sms sonic 1, that enemy is along the lines of moto bug and buzzbomber in terms of never forgetting them easily.

20. jawn.sith

jawn.sith

I have a problem with certain sprites. Sonic1 just bothers me for some reason, the face looks confused. I think it was perfect in Sonic 2, but 3 was annoying. I also disliked how they re-used some sonic 2 sprites in sonic 3. Come on, you're just gonna re-use the same crap?

I'm really just a big Sonic 1 hater in general. I don't like the speed caps, I want spin dash back, and I want my super SONIC! My collect the emeralds if they have no value? I guess I'm pretty fickle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.