don't click here

LGF 2008: Sonic the Hedgehog voted top video game character

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hitaxas, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Quick Jump article

DK made 4th, which is surprising to me, that and Blanka from Street Fighter.

Edit: 616 post "mark of the beast"! :thumbsup:

2. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Wow, that's actually surprising. I'd expect one of the thousands of generic space super soldiers to be in there somewhere.

3. Shade

Shade

What the hell are people like Niko Belic and fucking BLANKA doing in there :thumbsup: Didn't realize Ms. Croft still had so much staying power, either.

However, Max Payne <333

4. Yeah! Go sonic! Take that Mario you fat plummer/hero/dr/. Pretty good news :thumbsup:

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Lack of megaman surprises me a tad. Also this was the perfect opportunity to show off Unleashed stuff.

6. Don't get me wrong, but how in the fuck did Sonic beat Mario?

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    This is from the part of the world where, as I understand it, the Master System outperformed the NES in terms of sales.

8. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Why yes, yes they are.

9. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    This was kind of a small poll, but I think that Sonic simply has a more endearing design. Up there with the loony tunes, in fact.

10. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Thats what happens when you throw Mickey Mouse and Felix the Cat in a blender.

Get's slightly less endearing every time they add another coat of turtle wax...

11. Shade

Shade

Christ, do you ever shut up?

You post every 5 minutes, and it's always the SAME THING. Why are you even on a board about Sonic?

12. Loggo

Loggo

Rafina
  13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While the quality of Mario games is obviously better than that of Sonic games, over all I think that Sonic is the cooler character, just in design and attitude.

14. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Partly because it's fun to see jaded cunts freak out over every little comment to the point where they have to take relatively benign stuff and turn it into a shitstorm, but mostly because it's the best way to keep up with developments in rom hacking and other fan projects. If I had wanted to worship everything that is Sonic, I'd go to some generic Sonic board instead of a more savvy one. I was actually under the impression when I joined here that you actually had to be somewhat intelligent just to get in.

By all means though, continue overreacting.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Do you ever shut up? All you seem to be able to do is tell other people to shut up and be a dick in general in this thread. Cut the bullshit.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Is that classic sonic I see? :D

Actually, looking again, it's not...eyes look green and that smile. Creepy looking human shaped legs. >_>

17. Machenstein

Machenstein

Doesn't anyone have anything nice to say at all? Even when something good happens to Sonic, we never hesitate to rebuke it. There's a time and a place for everything, but now isn't the time for a peanut gallery.

Sonic won a contest. 500 votes is rather small for a poll such as this one, but it's still somewhat of an indicator how popular Sonic is in the UK. Now would be a good time to follow through with some more quality games. It seems there is always a window of opportunity for that.

EDIT: This post was in response to the comments on page 1.

18. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Actually, I was pretty pleased to see that the UK still had some love for the spikey little rat. If it weren't for the fact that Super Mario Galaxy was so freakin' awesome, I might have agreed with that placement. But it was. And nothing out of Sonic's camp has been nearly as charming. So it just ends up deserving a laugh and then moving on...

Who knows. It could always turn around tomorrow.

19. Flare

Flare

I am glad. I am also surprised.

Then again, not sure about England but up here, Mario is never advertised as much as Sonic, in superstores, I mean. I never saw Mario Galaxy advertised at all, but they advertised the crap out of Sonic and the Secret Rings.

20. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Thats true. And I've seen all kinds of Sonic Chronicles advertisements everywhere from the internet to Walmart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.