don't click here

Level Design Programs

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Zeoinx, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Zeoinx

Zeoinx

Recently I was searching the net for random Hacks and what not, and found Super Mario World Level Editor known as Lunar Magic. I was wondering if there was a editor simlar in program for the Sonic Games. Something pretty simple to learn.

As a side note, if anyone would like Lunar Magic, I have a link.

http://wiki.smwcentral.net/wiki/Lunar_Magic

Granted most of you prob already know of this one.

2. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    I glanced through that Wiki, and it seems that SonED and its variants do everything similar in the Sonic games except music, which can be written by hand with a bit of knowledge. I don't consider the SonEDs difficult at all, but you do have to spend time with them to learn the major features. You'd need a separate utility for art; SonMapEd is currently the way to go, as you can draw in Paint or the like and import art.

Also, in before "zomg you past teh quiz w/o no-ing SonED", or some variant on not having researched it.

Also 2, this topic should be in Sonic the Hedgehog Games, not General Discussion... although I guess it depends whether Sonic or Mario was your subject *shrugs*.

3. The quiz doesn't exist anymore, the registration system's been overhauled :P

4. Zeoinx

Zeoinx

Thanks for the info. Perhaps one of you can also tell me where I would be best bet posting suggestions for levels if anyone wants to add anything to the Sonic 1 Megamix. I can upload sprites deisgns too. Made a lot of custom enimes and bosses. Just havent coded anything do to lack of knowlege atm

5. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    ^You'd do best not posting the suggestions at all. Team Megamix already has a pretty good idea what it wants to implement and what it won't. You would do good starting your own mod, though, if your ideas are that worthy.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Besides, from what I remember of the quiz, there wasn't anything that forced SonEd on the test-taker anyway.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    We're not open to outside submission. Keep to your own projects.