don't click here

Level art contest

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Rika Chou, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Looking very nice. Please, keep working on it!!

2. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Knuckles Prower is really good at Sonic art. No wonder he got 2nd prize in the badnik contest.

3. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    You don't think the fact there were only 2 entries might have had something to do with that as well do you :P

4. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Haha, I was wondering if I'd be the only one who thought that when reading that comment. XD

The compliments are appreciated, though. ^^; I've continued work on the design a bit, but there isn't really enough 'new' to show, being only a day since I last showed it. Hopefully I'll have enough done to show a fair bit of art at the weekend some more for crits and comments.

5. "Steel Wing Zone"..I guess...

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    8-Bit Dragon
    I have to ask you about the platforms. Well they may just be bg elements, but if they aren't, they look a little bit too small.
    I don't know if floating platforms can be that small in size when it comes to Sonic.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Weren't the original Chemical Plant platforms smaller than that? Anyway, I think that looks too much like a copy & paste job in some places...

8. You're right, they are too small, which is why I didn't use them myself for a hoax. They could be used for a GBA hack, or if Rika or whoever is working on this likes them that much I could redo them.

Again, it was going to be a hoax. I did in fact copy and paste in alot of places, that's how I take multiple 'screenshots' of the hoaxes I make. But as for the tiles themselves, I did them myself and they aren't modified from existing tiles.

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I would like to see more work done on that. The fans look kinda off..

10. Superlocke

Superlocke

Pending Member
    hmmm...I might try my hand at this :P

do you want mockups of the level done with tiles and etc.. like a screenshot from the game, or concept art to get an idea and then sprite it out?

11. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Just a quick update; I've been ill for part of this weekend, so I haven't finished as much new art as I thought I would. I have come up with a final sketched concept of what the background should look like, as well as having drawn the pixel-art for more of the foreground including curved ramps and a couple more miscellanious pieces of scenery. End of week starting December 12th, no matter how much or little art I've done, I'll put up another sample of art for my level concept which, upon further development of the idea, I've nicknamed "Scrap Yard".

Until then, Ciao.

LATE EDIT: Fixed the time I'll be uploading more, since I have more Uni work than I thought and that takes priority. Sorry!

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    If anyone wants to try their hand at drawing a palm tree, I would be a very happy little boy girl.

13. Mikel

Mikel

I would like to make a level but I don't know how to save soned2 projects to the sonic 1 & 2 rom

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Oh thank GOD, PA. Partay!

15. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I just realised, we all trashed the "dark armageddon" level art thingy, because we said that we weren't going to make their hack for them, why hasn't this been treated the same way?

16. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Because Rika isn't starting a hack from scratch that he wants other people to make for him. S2AE is a proper, established hack.

17. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    Yes, what he said, and Rika's levels are the majority of the levels in there. As it stands right now(to the best of my knowledge), I'm the only other hacker who's even got a level in that hack right now (Sunset Shore Zone). Rika's worked his ass off on it for well over a year. The other guy wanted the entire thing made for him, with seemingly no hacking on his part. Rika has been around for a long time and has contributed very much to the hacking scene.

18. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    The same goes, I hope, for Tweakers contest as well.

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yep. Hehe, you'll love my newest version... =P

20. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Opinion time!!

Does this tree, and flowers fit with the level?

[​IMG]

Also. this topic seems to be dead....so *bump*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.