don't click here

Level art contest

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Rika Chou, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, Since he already has a GHZ type zone, He probably Will never Use it (Past of his GHZ zone?). So instead, I've Made Mecha Frost zone. It was supposed to be an Icy Floating machinery level, But it just turned out looking like a plain blue Eggman level. Oh well, Who Cares. Anyway, The only real noticable borrowed thing is the mountains from S2GG, And the flames for the boosters. Here you go:

Attached Files:

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You should try dithering some more of that art. The shading is too rough in parts.

3. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    Or maybe gradients, or something. It looks good, but it needs to be less... "hard edged" I guess you'd say. Otherwise it'll look kinda like it belongs in a different game. Sonic had a very unique style, which you nailed much better in the GHZ type level

4. Okay, I've had Alot of time on my hands to make these lately, But this is my last one. I Tryed styling it like sonic CD, and it's a Whatever-you-want Zone. For example, Add some waterfalls (included) and some water and you've got a Water level. Or add more pipes and make the squares shiny ( Even though there are Metal Squares here and ther anyway) and you've got a basic machinery zone. That's why I've included some bits to make your own tile in the corner, And the background is up to you.
    Enjoy:

Attached Files:

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Black outlines certainly don't fit with the style in these games... =\

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    GameNerd Advance, You defiantly have some potential.

but, it's not as "sonic style" for what I am looking for. It need more detail and work put into each and every 8x8 tile.

What I have seen so for of your work, it is very good and with time I sure that you could really develop your skills into something special. ;)

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Well, looks like this topic really went nowhere. This topic can be unpinned or whatever.

Contest end, no winners because nothing submitted was enough to build a level from. Ah well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.