LEGO Sonic Mania concept

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Roller, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Roller

Roller

Member Member
    SRB2Kart, LEGO Ideas Sonic Mania
    [​IMG]

Here's all the Heavies together (minus Jimmy, since he's in the post above), as the project crossed 55% of its goal a little bit ago.

I'm not sure whether the lack of activity in this thread is because there isn't much to discuss until it reaches 10k or whether people are actively fed up of it, but if there's anything I can do to make it a place of community rather than me just posting various builds, I'm all ears. ^u^;;

2. Micheal Anthony

Micheal Anthony

der Bär Member
    These look so good!

3. Overlord

Overlord

...did we just switch realities? Moderator
    I'd say it's more the former than the latter. =P

4. Roller

Roller

Member Member
    Thank you, Micheal!

And I appreciate the clarification, Overlord. It can be hard to keep a level-headed perspective of things sometimes, so getting a second opinion really helps recenter myself whenever things are a little slow. :v:

5. MUST HAVE.

6. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Wow! Those are cool!! Funny thing is that it's obvious that Heavy Magician and Heavy Rider are female :v:

7. Roller

Roller

Member Member
    Thank you both, Sid and XCubed!

S' interesting you would say that. Looking at it closer, I think it's the virtual head printing doing the legwork, since it's not like the bodies are representative - the two girls are mostly cut off at the bottom because that's what their sprites and promo art does, while the other two small Heavies have them mostly cut off at the top. It does a lot to change their look with a detail I barely even thought about as I was recreating it, and it speaks to great character design on the part of Mania team that those details are still evident in a game of brick telephone!

8. Ashram

Ashram

Member Member
    I thought he meant that because Rider and Magician are the only ones with blocks on their chests. :v

9. Roller

Roller

Member Member
    ...that would probably do it too, wouldn't it. :v:

10. Creature SH

Creature SH

Member Member
    It like how well the hard-boiled heavies in this form fit with a sort of retro Lego aesthetic. Their look gives me a sliver of a warm, nostalgic feeling.

11. Roller

Roller

Member Member
    Thanks very much, Creature SH! ^u^

[​IMG]

I posted this old build from 2017 yesterday during the upgrade outage (first post on the new software!) As the embedded flavourtext suggests, it wasn't able to make it onto the LEGO Ideas site at the time due to rules which have since changed. I'm glad I got the opportunity to do the much more well-rounded Green Hill concept, but I felt it was worth showing off what could have been around the time of E3 that year...

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well, that one looks pretty cool too!

13. There should just be a set for every level.

And I'd buy all of them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke of Tiles and Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    I love it. I'm a sucker for things being recreated in Legos form.