don't click here

Kega Fusion v3.63

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Mr_Boo_Berry, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Yeah, he's released another build...

Downloads here

2. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    NOW X-Men 32X is playable. :)

Yay!

3. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    That was fast! I may be getting to V3.66 faster than I thought. lol

4. If you guys find anything, please report it to Steve on the Kega forums ASAP. :)

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I've added the downloads to the wiki, they're available here.

6. Incredible, this is FAST. Here's a shot running on my old Toshiba laptop: Pentium MMX 166Mhz, 32MB of RAM, 2MB onboard graphics, Windows 98SE.

[​IMG]

When setting sound to 22KHz, this runs at, unbelievable for this PC-class, ~30fps, sometimes reaching 35 or even 40! Amazing work!

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Shit, SERIOUSLY? That's even more efficient than DGen was o_o

8. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Just one thing I noticed with X-Men 32X.

In one of the stages where it crashes automatically upon walking in an area, there is supposed to be debugging information that shows up as soon as it crashes. It doesn't appear in Kega Fusion, but it does on real hardware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXRtAY5tUqM...feature=related (Go near the end of the video)

9. Yes!

Also, I might try getting this going with Windows 95 later, so wish me good luck

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    My little ear tells me that the sound emulation is improving very nicely. Marble Garden Act 1 (the song I use as a measuring stick) is sounding closer to the actual hardware audio. It just needs a little bit more before it's perfect.

11. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    I could get nice 45FPS with 44KHz sound from Gens on my P166... and full 60 from Kgen98 and Genecyst

12. [​IMG]

Steve broke it :'<

13. Master3k

Master3k

Yes, I was going to say (post) that. Some musics on my hack sounds a bit better on this version than on previous versions.

Steve Snake is awesome. kthxbai

14. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Does anybody know how to run the Chaotix 1207 prototype? I managed to get it running in 3.61 and 3.62 by running a 32x games before it, but it looks like that trick doesn't work with 3.63 anymore. And yes, Fast Timing is enabled.

15. Try pressing TAB and SHIFT+TAB bunches of times.

16. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Steve Snake's site is down now for some reason. Sorry to revive this thread but I was annoyed by this so I had to report it and didn't want to start a new thread.

17. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    That explains alot. It's not just me. I couldn't really read that down splash page anyway. The whole domain appears to be down.

18. Yeah, a few of us think that the Inn was a victim of a DDoS attack which sapped all the allotted bandwidth.

19. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
  20. Moogle!

Moogle!

Posting this here since Eidolon's is down.

I cannot get Kega's sound to work properly on my desktop.

Windows XP-SP3 (very recently re-installed)
    MSI K9VGM-V, Athlon X2-4200+, 2GB RAM
    Nvidia 7600GTX (191.07 drivers)
    Sound is Emu 0404 PCI, latest drivers. (not betas)
    DX9 (installed, and re-installed)

Basically, sound doesn't want to work.

In the default mode (software buffer=1 in the INI ), it makes no noise. No clicking of any options, ie samples rates, timing, will fix this. What I can do is turn hardware acceleration completely off in Windows' control panal, and sound will kind of work, but will be choppy.

If I turn the software buffer off in the INI file, and leave hardware acceleration on, I will get sound, But if I click anywhere back on the program itself, (like to bring it back into focus from another program, or if I switch the full screen, the sound vanishes. I can click on a sound option, regardless of what it is, and changing it will bring back the sound, unless I right click or otherwise touch the program window, it vanishes again.

I have also tried playing with my PCI latency setting in the BIOS, but that hasn't helped any. I have had this sound card for a couple months now, and don't remember having this issue previously. The only different drivers would be the video drivers since the last tiem I used Kega.

It seems to work properly on 2 older omputers I have.