don't click here

Kega Fusion full screen oddities

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    For whatever reason, when I try to make Kega Fusion 3.61 run in full screen it becomes all laggy, yet when it runs in windowed mode it runs perfectly fine. I've tried the most recent versions of Kega Fusion, Gens, and Regen, and they all have full screen issues as well, and I'd like to think if Sonic Generations can run at 100% with max specs on this computer, a Sega Genesis emulator of all things could. Anyone have a fix that doesn't involve turning off sound or something like that?

2. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    Use alternate timing option.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That was on, along with high priority mode. Without those on it is worse though.

For the record, it runs at 60 fps in windowed mode but about 32 in full screen.

Oh yes, of course, specs. I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit with core i7-3770K, GeForce GTX 680, and 12 GB of RAM

4. winterhell

winterhell

I have the same issue with 3.64 on Fullscreen. Windowed mode runs perfectly fine, but on fullscreen there are slowdowns every few minutes or so.
    Windows 7 64-bit with core i5 and GeForce GTX 650.

5. TmEE

TmEE

Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    What about vsync ?

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No, tried that on and off and it doesn't do a whole lot.

7. What OS are you running? If it's Windows >=8, try starting Fusion.exe in XP compatibility mode. At the very least, it disable compositing for the Fusion window.

8. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    See if you can change the options for vsync in your GPU control panel, maybe it makes a difference.

Alternatively, upgrade to the latest version, I believe some of the last few versions got a Vista Aero fix, not sure exactly which version had it squeezed in though.

9. There are a few options related to Direct3D in the ini file, check those. I managed to fix my fullscreen problems that way. Also, why are you using 3.61 ??

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I heard it was more stable in some aspects than 3.64

11. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Anyone heard of Snakey lately? I haven't seen him on the radar in a looong time.
    I hope he's ok.

12. TmEE

TmEE

Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    He would most certainly appreciate if someone clicked that paypal button on the kega's home page.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Could you tell me what you specifically changed in the ini file? I fiddled around with it but it's kind of daunting since I'm not quite sure what those expert options mean (I've tried changing the refresh rate to 120 instead of 60 but still no luck for extra speed)