don't click here

Jester's Challenge

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MarkeyJester, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Time to Grow Up. Resident Jester
    Japan
    Say, just a quick/minor question (Not meaning to go too far off topic), but Tiido has mentioned this on several occasions; how would you all feel if I gave my character it's own game?

2. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I honestly thought it was the entire point of having an original character; to make him star his own game! I was kind of expecting for it.

Jester is so cute and fluffy, I would love if you'd give him his own game. Also I would love if you could come up with an interesting villain...

So I say, and I belive I'm echoing everyone's sentiments when I say, go for it!

3. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Right now I can't even think of anything better you could do, so how could "No" even be an option? Go for it!

4. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Then take andlabs's Challenge: make it a new game written entirely from scratch for the MD =P <span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>in b4 oerg866</span>

5. ColinC10

ColinC10

Tech Member
    I hate "trial and error" maze games of this type, but I still enjoyed playing through the whole thing simply to see all of the interesting technical flourishes you've added. I think at one point I walked up and down the same corridor for about five minutes, just because I was trying to work out how you did the background scrolling effect. If anyone reading this is put off trying the hack because of the tedious gameplay, I still recommend giving it a look (and a listen) because the other aspects of the hack are so unique.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    <!--quoteo(post=537061:date=Dec 10 2010, 11:14 AM:name=MarkeyJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkeyJester @ Dec 10 2010, 11:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=537061">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Say, just a quick/minor question (Not meaning to go too far off topic), but Tiido has mentioned this on several occasions; how would you all feel if I gave my character it's own game?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Please do! I always thought he had a lot of potential as a character. Besides, it'd be cool to see what original stuff you could produce with the Sonic engine. :)

7. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Which one?

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Time to Grow Up. Resident Jester
    Japan
    <!--quoteo(post=537089:date=Dec 10 2010, 05:39 PM:name=Tweaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tweaker @ Dec 10 2010, 05:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=537089">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=537061:date=Dec 10 2010, 11:14 AM:name=MarkeyJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkeyJester @ Dec 10 2010, 11:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=537061">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Say, just a quick/minor question (Not meaning to go too far off topic), but Tiido has mentioned this on several occasions; how would you all feel if I gave my character it's own game?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Besides, it'd be cool to see what original stuff you could produce with the Sonic engine. :)
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oh well... Actually, I was gonna follow andlab's suggestion, I have the knowledge and resources, plus it'll be fun.

On that note, I'll take that as a yes for a Markey game, thanks for you feed-back everyone =)

9. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    sweet buttery jesus, that was such a mind fuck!

so many broken boxes...... I'm gonna be reduced a shivering state in the corner of the room!

10. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=536899:date=Dec 10 2010, 02:48 AM:name=Rika Chou)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rika Chou @ Dec 10 2010, 02:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=536899">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So is it possible to actually hit monitors in the wrong order and get stuck? Sometimes it feels like there's no way out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As well as the ones people have mentioned above, I once hit some monitors in the wrong order, and ended up trapped in a 1x2 box, with a monitor in the upper square. I tried to hit it, but it fell, then I hit it, and got trapped in a small area, with the path that probably wouldn't have been trapped above me where the monitor's original position was D:

11. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    just completed this hack......jesus Markey, you will never ever cease to amaze me. From the very complex level design to the simple nice art, the change between hot/ice themes and musics, this hack is just another masterpiece of yours. Oh did I mention the fantastic boss? Not even resized :D

But thank goodness I savestated right before entering the boss area, I swear I would have turned crazy if I had to redo everything XD

EDIT: oh and the Jester things, so cutey <3
    A game based on your character would surely prove to be interesting.

12. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Can someone upload a savestate of just before the boss? I want to see it in action but I really don't have the patience for the maze any more Dx

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Maybe later today I'll give it another try since I, too, want to defeat that boss. The one time I arrived there I died D:

So keep an eye on this post unless someone is quicker than me...

14. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    <!--quoteo(post=537172:date=Dec 10 2010, 11:20 PM:name=Hayate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hayate @ Dec 10 2010, 11:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=537172">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can someone upload a savestate of just before the boss? I want to see it in action but I really don't have the patience for the maze any more Dx<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    While I don't want to give you a save state (mainly because I'm too lazy to replay the game right now), I'll just leave you with this tip (ONLY remove highlighting if you really gave up all hopes):

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>X=0CE0 Y=0620 + Genie = Boss</span>

15. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    There you go:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>http://www.mediafire.com/?g72jnhul2v7f20c</span><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And for your enjoyment sake, just use it if you really are about to give up coz that challenge is amazing.

16. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I made a savestate as well, though I took longer than I thought to beat the maze again :(

Oh well, <a href="http://digilander.iol.it/projectchaos/JesChalBoss.zip" target="_blank">here</a> it is, but it's password protected. If you want the password, ask.

17. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

la gis sulva za celow Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=537030:date=Dec 10 2010, 08:40 AM:name=MarkeyJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkeyJester @ Dec 10 2010, 08:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=537030">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=536941:date=Dec 10 2010, 04:06 AM:name=Supakitsune)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supakitsune @ Dec 10 2010, 04:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=536941">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And, uh... by the way, how about a music rip of some kind, eh? :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I'm not sure what you mean, but I posted a list of youtube links to the original tracks where they came from (a few posts back), if that helps.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Oh, I missed it. Sorry. >>; You have excellent taste, by the way!

18. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I think I broke the boxes in a way that has me stuck. I'm in a point of no return sort of area and I can fucking see the "You're on the right track!" and "you're almost there, go go go!" Jester's right fucking under me and I have NO WAY to get to them. It's fucking irritating because I don't have a single box to break to switch the maze up.

19. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    I just tried it, Fucking amazing, Great job Markey, Yeah I agree you should have Markey in his own game! Keep up the awesome work.

20. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Misfit
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fh4zKCV1kd0&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fh4zKCV1kd0&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

Tweaker, this is the track that inspired your boss theme, correct?

Anyway Markey, what can I say? This has you written all over it, in other words it's awesome! I beat it in 15 minutes, but believe me that was just pure luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.