don't click here

It's Sonic's birthday again!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lobotomy, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    <!--quoteo(post=471373:date=Jun 23 2010, 05:00 PM:name=Jaseman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaseman @ Jun 23 2010, 05:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471373">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Howsabout some of us play Sonic 2 Versus over XBLA to celebrate? Or should that wait till November 24?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd take you up on that, but last time I attempted that, whoever wasn't hosting wound up with a full one-second control lag due to my craptacular connection, so... yeah.

2. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    <!--quoteo(post=471418:date=Jun 23 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Solaris Paradox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solaris Paradox @ Jun 23 2010, 06:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471418">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=471373:date=Jun 23 2010, 05:00 PM:name=Jaseman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaseman @ Jun 23 2010, 05:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471373">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Howsabout some of us play Sonic 2 Versus over XBLA to celebrate? Or should that wait till November 24?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd take you up on that, but last time I attempted that, whoever wasn't hosting wound up with a full one-second control lag due to my craptacular connection, so... yeah.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cmon, lets try anyway. Might have got better.

3. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    <!--quoteo(post=471429:date=Jun 23 2010, 06:55 PM:name=Jaseman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaseman @ Jun 23 2010, 06:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471429">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=471418:date=Jun 23 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Solaris Paradox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solaris Paradox @ Jun 23 2010, 06:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471418">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=471373:date=Jun 23 2010, 05:00 PM:name=Jaseman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaseman @ Jun 23 2010, 05:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471373">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Howsabout some of us play Sonic 2 Versus over XBLA to celebrate? Or should that wait till November 24?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cmon, lets try anyway. Might have got better.

Ah, why not. XBLA name's the same as my screen name here, I'll be on in a bit.

EDIT: Fuck, I can't find my Xbox headset and Microsoft was too cheap to just let you use any old USB headset like the PS3 does. I hate textchat, damn it all. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF—

4. Ink

Ink

Homicidal Echidna Oldbie
    I baked a cake.

No, really, I did, see:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamatokameko/4729249888/" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamatokameko/4729248020/" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamatokameko/4728600359/" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamatokameko/4729252240/" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<ul>Recipe:</li><li>Classic White cake mix</li><li>Classic Vanilla frosting</li><li>Blueberry Preserves filling</li><li>Red Sugar sprinkles</li><li>19 Candles</li><li>Lots and lots of blue food dye!</li></ul>
    I—er, I mean Sonic--blew out all nineteen candles in one go, I might add. [​IMG]

Also the cake is not a lie, it is DELICIOUS. [​IMG]

5. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    happy birthday sonic... I'm still playing Sonic Mega Collection Plus and Sonic Adventure on PC...

6. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I played Sonic 1. I had challenged myself to beat it by midnight US central time. A series of missteps in Scrap Brain Zone Act 3 left me with few lives going into Final Zone. I was on my last life of my last continue when I beat Robotnik. Got the good ending, 5/5, would play again.

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I was playing sonic 3 last night and for the first time ever I had the glitch with the hydrocity robotnik boss where you run past to the capsule early. I never done that before but I know it's done by moving to the right too quickly before the fight starts, was annoying because I had no save(state) and was playing on the xbla version, aka no proper sonic 3 save slots :/

8. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I played as Sonic on Brawl yesterday.

I never play as Sonic and I play Brawl almost daily if it counts. :v:

9. Bozo

Bozo

Xbox Live has a sale on all the Genesis games for today only. Too bad I already have them all =/

10. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ59p07sI9U" target="_blank">Anyone seen this?</a>

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's even better when you turn the vuvuzela button on.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA
    Why the fuckinitalics is there a vuvuzela button? I take it that has something to do with the soccer/football championships?

13. Relick

Relick

England
    C++/DX10 Engine (not sonic related)
    <!--quoteo(post=471721:date=Jun 24 2010, 07:57 PM:name=Sonic Warrior TJ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonic Warrior TJ @ Jun 24 2010, 07:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471721">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why the fuckinitalics is there a vuvuzela button? I take it that has something to do with the soccer/football championships?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You mean the World Cup? ;P. Go watch it and understand why there is a vuvuzela button.

Also, that 16bit happy birthday is pretty cool.

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA
    I probably should, I caught a US vs. Turkey game a few weeks backs, and it was pretty badass. I just wasn't sure if the icon was supposed to be a football.

And your avatar's pretty bitchin', lol.

15. Darn it, I missed the big day.

Nineteen years and still as awesome as ever.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Long-term happiness
    Incidentally, UK:Resistance posted this scan of the Gallup charts in the UK for the week of the 29th June, 1991:

[​IMG]

#4, not a bad first week showing at all, especially for a brand new IP (and remember this was a time when you weren't called a failure just because you hadn't come straight in at the top). They also note that this was quite possibly the highest a single-format game had charted in Britain at that point in time.

17. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    LIVE Activity for week of June 21 is out and the sonic sale pushed all 4 titles up to 2nd-5th spot on arcade games played that week, lol.

Interesting though is the order:

1 RISK: FACTIONS
    2 SONIC & KNUCKLES
    3 Sonic The Hedgehog 3
    4 Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    5 Sonic The Hedgehog

6 Castle Crashers
    7 Trials HD

S&K sold the best followed by 3, then 2, then the original game.

:psyduck:

18. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    I bought Sonic on there a few weeks after they were on offer...I wish I had bought Sonic & Knuckles now though...=/

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Long-term happiness
    <!--quoteo(post=474158:date=Jul 1 2010, 08:43 PM:name=Diablohead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Diablohead @ Jul 1 2010, 08:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=474158">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->LIVE Activity for week of June 21 is out and the sonic sale pushed all 4 titles up to 2nd-5th spot on arcade games played that week, lol.

Interesting though is the order:

1 RISK: FACTIONS
    2 SONIC & KNUCKLES
    3 Sonic The Hedgehog 3
    4 Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    5 Sonic The Hedgehog

6 Castle Crashers
    7 Trials HD

S&K sold the best followed by 3, then 2, then the original game.

:psyduck:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually, it makes sense if you think about it - they were released in the order of 1, 2, 3 and K, so it would make sense that the longer a game's been out, the more would already have it and thus not need to take advantage of the sale price.

20. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Very true but we all know the original is the best :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.