don't click here

Is there any official source confirming "All of Me" by Sins of a Divine Mother was planned for ShTH?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Slobo, May 3, 2023.

1. Slobo

Slobo

I'm aware of two unused tracks that were indeed planned to be used in the game. "Broken" by Sins of a Divine Mother, and "Who I Am", by Magna-Fi.

Broken was replaced with The Chosen One, the Neutral-Hero credits theme, written by A2, a band that also shared some members from SoaDM. It was scrapped due to Sega not being able to contact the lead singer for permission to use the song in the game.

Who I Am was replaced with I Am... All Of Me, the main theme of the game (I've also heard claims that it was going to be used for the Final Boss fight with Devil Doom instead). It was written by Magna-Fi, who also did All Hail Shadow. It was scrapped due to conflicts with the band's label.

Now here's the tricky one.
    I've also heard of a third song supposedly made for the game, All of Me, by SoaDM.
    The thing is, I've never found the original source for this information. Some websites claim this was an unlisted track in the Lost and Found album released for the game, but this seems false.

My question is, if this song was indeed planned to be featured in the game, where would it be used? The Pure Dark and Neutral-Dark endings are the only ones to share the same credits theme, Almost Dead, while all the other endings have their own separate songs. Could All of Me be the theme for one of them? And if that was the case, why would they re-use Almost Dead for the credits instead of asking A2 to write a replacement song like they did with The Chosen One?

Am I missing something?

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  2. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    From what I understand about Broken, it was written prior to Jun Senoue asking the band for permission to use it. Meaning it wasn't written specifically for the game, unlike The Chosen One. Assuming it and All Of Me were made at the same time, I'm assuming it's the same deal for that track, and the fact that its song title is similar to the Crush 40 song and lyrics somewhat relate to Shadow are just a coincidence. A big point in favor of it not being made for the game is the word "shit" in the lyrics.

3. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
  4. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    The account that's being spread around Youtube commenters makes no sense. Supposedly, Jun Senoue suggested they make a song, and then they did...but then SEGA couldn't get permission to use it. So did Jun just casually, verbally suggest they make a song? Or were they actually contracted to make one? Supposedly, The Chosen One is the only one that was actually based on the storyline that was sent to A2 by SEGA. So then if Broken was made for the game earlier, what did they have to work with?

I actually spoke to the bassist of Sins, Kyle Keiderling, many years ago. I had sent an email out saying that the download links for the Sins songs on Myspace were expired. He told me all of the recording tracks on the project were lost and all that was left were demo MP3s used on Myspace, which he sent me, but that was before the EP leaked online. I suppose I could get in touch with him again and ask once and for all if All Of Me was intended for the game.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. E107- Theta

E107- Theta

Texas
    no clue about that third song, thats a new bump now

6. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
  7. E107- Theta

E107- Theta