IDW Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 22, 2018.

1. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    New issue is out. There was also a Bad Guys spin off that I found out about after the fact, so I'll have to pick that up another day.

I'm enjoying the world building and callbacks to previous games, but overall the plot was alright. Not really interested in the new character introduced, but we'll see how it goes.

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
    Whoever they are, they have pointed shoes and I think high-heels, as well as a relation to Rouge, who knows them. Most likely negative since they have her wrapped in a carpet under their arm. Kinda gives that away.

They also have Sonic Heroes powers. Yellow to get them on the roof, Blue to dash away from Shadow, and Red to rip the log from the hotel and smack Shadow with it. Perhaps there's some relation?

Most likely, it's a new character. Though I kinda want to place my bet on it being Infinite, attempting to replace the Phantom Ruby with some other powerful gemstone and requiring Rouge, the world's greatest treasure hunter, to locate one 'worthy' enough to take its place since the Phantom Ruby was shattered at the end of Sonic Forces, and making use of other, less powerful gemstones to get the job done in the mean time. More than likely not, though, as apparently SEGA don't want Infinite used.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I was thinking it might be Emerl, as it has all the powers of the others

4. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    These are some really good observations. They do seem to be chasing an Infinity Stones idea, they may be taking a more structured universe seriously now. Hm. I'm starting to bank more on the IDW characters and their fleshed out world being the future of Sonic.

5. The best part about this arc is that it seems like Rouge, Amy, and Cream are gonna be the main focus of it, and I'm all for that shit. Obviously, Sonic might be coming in later, but I'm very glad Evan seems willing to tell a story without him being the primary POV character as Sega mandates.

6. Pengi

Pengi

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
    So the Bad Guys comic
    is bringing back Power Cores from Sonic Heroes:
    [​IMG]

Which is interesting since, as I noted earlier in the thread:

Think it might be cross-story plot-lines in play?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020 at 9:43 PM
  8. Didn't realize, but Starlene is carrying Rouge at the end of Issue 34