don't click here

I want to make a Sonic game for fun

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Mobiethian, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I'm new here. I've been wanting to make a Sonic game for many years. I have even submitted ideas of my own to Sega of America a long time ago, but they were sent back each time. In 1995, I submitted an idea to the Sega Technical Institute, but due to thir policy "we do not accept ideas outside of the company", Sonic 3 producer Roger Hector himself sent me a copy of Sonic 3, thanking me for trying. I have many great ideas for new zones (that will blow your mind) and I want to put them on the screen, but I have no idea how to do all of the technical stuff involved to program a game, but I consider myself to be a damn fine level artist on paper and computer.

For years, I have been searching for Sonic sites that may help support my ideas and hopefully make them playable with their projects.. sort of as a team. I do know that it's a diffucult process, and I have joined online teams in the past to make games, only to see later on down the road that it was a failing attempt.. quickly. After gaining a lot of interest in playing Sonic Retro for the first time, I realized that making a Sonic game can be done. I stumbled onto this site by accident and I like it.

I don't want to be annoying or seem like I'm desperate, but I want to participate in a real live Sonic Project that may gain interest of players around the world or even perhaps find it's way to the Sonic Team.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!
    B.J.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The only problem I have is your username. Do you mind thinking up an alternative, please?

3. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I can certainly do that, but how?

4. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Just post a newer username—we'll go ahead and edit the login name.

5. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    BJCharles83 will be good for me.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Can you think of something without numbers? :P Will BJCharles do, or do you want to be more creative?

7. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Actually, go with BJCharles if that's available please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.