don't click here

I have some docs for the wiki

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by SegaLoco, Apr 2, 2010.

1. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Okay, as most of you know, I have SDK's coming out of my ears, and tons of documents to go with them. I know andlabs has got at least the Sega Mega Family covered (Mega Drive, 32X, etc..) but I was wondering, should I up some of the docs I have. I have one SG-1000/SMS document, mainly detailing the VDP and PSG. I also have a shitload of saturn docs from various DTS cd's, and then about 3 or 4 versions of the Dreamcast Katana sdk with plenty of documentation as well. So...what does the wiki need from me?

2. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    See the problem is should we keep them as massive cbr files (the 32X one is 114MB) or have them in plaintext form with images on the wiki (and possibly crossreferences too)? What do you guys think?

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    For the 8-bit stuff I wonder if we should coordinate the efforts with Smspower. It's not a mistery that I like that community very much. I'd encourage some kind of collabration with them, but of course this decision is up to the admins.

4. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Well, I only have one 8-bit doc, and its the Sega Mark III Programming Manual. It's a pretty awesome doc though, and I would assume that the documentation pretty much applies to the Master System and Game Gear, albeit with minute systematic differences.

5. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I agree, having been a member of that community for years, I know that they know pretty much everything about the 8-bit SEGA consoles.