don't click here

HTML site w/ Wordpress Blog

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by TheKazeblade, Dec 5, 2013.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Hey, guys. I'm going to be working on a site redesign for a client. They're currently using a Wordpress template, but I will be building them a custom site (I.e. Pure HTML and CSS ) since the majority of their content will be static, and just needs a visual overhaul. The complication that arises is that they would like to keep their wordpress blog page. I can't imagine it requires anything other than throwing the wordpress stuff in the folder with the HTML to the ftp, as you would for a straight Wordpress site, but I'm on a tight deadline, and if there is indeed some additional work-arounds that need to be done to make it work, I'd rather know upfront instead of running out of time trying to figure it out.

So in summary, I need to know if I can implement a Wordpress blog into a non-Wordpress site under the same domain in a straight-forward way, and if not, a decent tutorial as to the process. I don't know any PHP, which I know Wordpress primarily uses, so I'm hoping a deep knowledge of it isn't necessary :P

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Google.

If that's not what you're looking for, then I dunno.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Looks in the ballpark of what I need. All that was coming up in my google searches were how to do stuff purely in Wordpress, but equally possible is I'm just dense.

Thanks, Aerosol, mods feel free to lock or trash.