Hmm... an interesting study

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by WiteoutKing, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I can see it as this:

Minimal to no loading screens. The Zones and Adventure Fields mix into eachother, like Jak And Daxter. But, where would the title cards go? Out the door. =(

Entering houses and buildings. After all, this is Next-Gen were talking about. Minimal loading screens here, unless the buildings are huge as fuck.

Deep storyline. Something I've wanted since '94. I love the whole "Hippy Animal Right's Evil Dictator overthrowin' badass" style, but something that has a meaning to it will be nice.

Annoying characters shouting you on. =(

2. Shade

Shade

I'm not seeing how that's a bad thing.

3. ChaotixTails

ChaotixTails

Custom title member Oldbie
    (Heroes Gameplay - Heroes Character Mechanic) + ([Shadow the Hedgehog - Storyline Selection]*Sonic Factor) + Encouraging side-characters = Sonic (2006).

4. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I don't know; the game isn't out yet.

5. Blazer

Blazer

I really hope that it will have many multiple paths, as S3&K. Then it can be perfect.

Sometimes your lines make me remember my old inmature days. I used to think that if I like something the most, then automatically it becomed the best. If I didn't like something, automatically it sucked ass. Not so good times...

6. Shade

Shade

See, I don't remember stating that my opinion was the end all be all standard for everyone. That was meant to be taken slightly in jest, even though that is indeed my opinion.

7. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail video game?

"You must travel to find a shrubbery, only to find out that you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest.... WITH A HERRING!"

"Super realistic side quests let you cut off all arms and legs of the Black Knight, only to find out that your fight was a draw."

</off topic>

Anyway, there will always be someone pissed as you said. You can't please both the "Old School Rulz Nu Shcool Suxsx" and "N3w Sch001 is t3h better!" fans at the same time. When Sega tries to please both, it just pisses "Old school" and "New school" Sonic fans off.

8. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Just read a PS2 magazine in which they had spoke to Sonic Team. They refused to confirm if there were any more characters besides Sonic, Shadow and Silver, but said "The players will be able to go back and play the levels with a number of other characters, with each character having a different route to take."

This may be a long shot, but Tails and Knuckles may well make an appearance as playable characters yet, and if they do, this game will be instant win (providing Tails isn't in a mech and Knuckles isn't trying to find emerald pieces again).

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Oh fuck... Then they're bullshitting AGAIN! Can they EVER make up thier fucking minds when it comes to picking a static character lineup and STICKING WITH IT?!

Fucking christ.

10. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    We of the Christian Faith Believe he was a virgin 'till death. :P

Anyway, As Long as Tails stays away from the Mech walker, I believe this game will be very good. I mean, All the new Sonic Games have thier moments. Even Shadow, With It's Partner Capability. But like most games.... It pales with It's 100% Solo Last story.

11. Gibbo

Gibbo

Eggman, Deserving a Game since 1991. Member
    Ellesmere Port, UK
    Learning how to use Game Maker
    Gameplay: Simple, yet challenging gameplay with hopefully a difficulty level so that the little kiddies can have it on Easy Mode where as More Experienced People can Play on Normal and Hard.
    Levels: Huge, with Multiple Paths as well as special paths for each character. A Proper Town on Adventure Fields with some Side Quests for Replay Value.
    Characters: Hopefully will just stick to these three hedgies with other characters possibly thrown in as NPC's. Also different gameplay styles for each hedgie.
    Extras: Hopefully Super Sonic if you collect the 7 chaos emeralds and maybe a Old School Level Tribute to mark 15 years of the series like GHZ in SA2.

12. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Texas
    lol
    Anyone reminded of when Sonic Adventure 2 was originally going to only feature Sonic and Eggman as playable characters, but all the fanboys cried out for the other characters to be playable?

13. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi

Can't complain. Member
    u mama
    Mystery something game
    There's two Next-Gen Sonic games coming out. The first that you may know about is Sonic WildFire for the Wii, and Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3. Que the videos:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/651/651720p1.html
    http://games.kikizo.com/news/200509/019.asp
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...313&q=Sonic+Ps3
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=83...468&q=Sonic+Ps3
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...619&q=Sonic+Ps3
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...Sonic+Wild+Fire

Look's like Sonic's alone in both games, unless it's like a SA or SA2.

14. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Well, I for one didn't think 3D Blast was all that great...

Multiple characters and the introduction of new characters are both unavoidable. It's happening in every classic franchise. Mario gets more characters than can be counted (not that he gets many new characters per game, but he gets a lot of games), Zelda's getting Midna and, as much as it can be considered a "new" character, Link's wolf form, and Metroid sets a possible new record with the six new characters in Hunters, plus at least one other new hunter from the E3 Prime 3 demo. It's just that the Sonic community is the only one that seems to take so much offense to new characters.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Texas
    lol
    Sonic's alone in Wild Fire, but not the 360/PS3 game.

16. Rosiero

Rosiero

Oldbie
    Welcome to two weeks ago.

17. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I think the game will be about Sonic trying to rape Ashura along with Wechnia to create the Super Glitchy Hedgehog-Hedgehog-Ashura Threesome and then eat master emeralds all night long. I also think they will go to Dust Hill Zone on their honeymoon, along with that girl (I think her name was Tails or Miles). Then you'll have to complete the game 2500 times, and each time the run must be faster then the previous and you have to carry more emeralds than in the previous run. Then you will face the top secret Perfect Exor Chaon Chaos Exolution Revolution R512.155.532 who will then tell his story, about how he had a romance with Robotnik and Chris and Death Egg, and how they named their child Sonic the Hedgehog after a stereo system that had 'Panasonic' on it. They just cut out the pana cause they didn't know what it meant and bam, that's how Sonic was born.

THAT'S MY THEORY. I have an uncle in Sega and he told me that. Also, I have a prototype of the game, but I unfortunately lack a:

* cdrom
    * camera
    * brain

----

Ahhh... good old times...

18. Shade

Shade

Now all you have to do is start a torrent and fake a cease and desist letter from Sega of Japan :P

19. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    There's a rumour going around that there will be a love interest between the princess and Sonic. If that's true we can look forward to emo Amy trying to kill herself, Shadow supplying the razors while trying to fuck her, and some rather disturbing hentai in the future.

<sarcasm>

Well done Sega

</sarcasm>

20. Shade

Shade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.