don't click here

Hill Top Zone

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Canned Karma, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    It's a simple pivot.

What on Earth would you do do with a pivot.

2. zemulii

zemulii

Why don't you guys just get on with doing what he asked for? If you want things to hurry up then get to work :S. That's the only way we're going to be able to move on.

3. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    Well perhaps if we are allowed to change a pine tree to a palm tree perhaps the staff is looking to make the seesaw/catapult to more of an ancient elevator lift design.
    [​IMG]
    What do you guys think? I found it on wikipedia.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I can't tell if you're serious or not, but I'm gonna assume you're not and take that to be a response to Canned Karma. In which case, Canned Karma, I think we're ready to move on, unless you have any objections.

5. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    What a brilliant idea you have there MDM. You've managed to thoroughly enlighten us all once again. Quite the tradition you're building up here.

Onto the door. I'd like to see it be divided into more segments than the original for a smoother transition as it raises. The segments should compose a repeatable warning stripe. The back part with the lava tube in the original I'd like to see two ideas for: one with lava inside and another that has sirens on it.

6. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Already showed this to Gambit, make of it what you will.

[​IMG]

7. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Is anyone else here having trouble viewing images from imageShack?

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I prefer the "more genesis" one myself.

@steveswede: No sir. Not I.

9. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    @test-object

That concept looks great. You've put some nice little touches in there that has spiced it up.

10. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    ImageShack has been really slow for me for the past week or so, at least for viewing. I haven't had a problem with uploading, though O_o

More genesis makes more sense, IMO. The rounded look of the more modern one just doesn't seem to fit the overall shape of the thing.

11. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    This is exactly what's happening to me. Could well be a problem from their side.

12. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

So I have a question, that top piece on top of the door, will that be attached to the ceiling and then from there the door retracts?

13. zemulii

zemulii

I imagined it would come down from the top piece like you said. It's looking good to me. Needed that little bit extra in my opinion.

14. Hamneggs

Hamneggs

Official Breakfast of S2HD Member
    TEXAS
    Networked lighting
    Okay T.O. We like it apparently. Make it work, and make it God's word.

15. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

I'm not a fan of his design but I like the drawing.
    Edit: It just hit me after I posted that how much that made me sound like an ass. I got some ideas floating in my head about the door that just haven't really come together enough for me to draw it out on paper. But I will do it. I was kind of waiting for more people to present some more ideas that I could 'steal' from. And Test-Objects design did just that.

16. Hamneggs

Hamneggs

Official Breakfast of S2HD Member
    TEXAS
    Networked lighting
    Well then Maximus,
    And then we can move on to another asset, setting an S2HD record along the way.
    I am interested in what you have in store MDM. Or rather, I can't wait.

17. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

If the concept works out well, this is definitely possible.

The next design that we'll be focusing on after the door will be the main vine the platform rides along. Just the vine itself. I think the narrow focus approach will work best with that asset. By the time we get there, I plan to have a direction in mind for that as well.

18. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

No one else has any other concept ideas? I find that hard to believe. And MDM, I'm still waiting to see what your visualization of it looks like since you weren't a fan of the design posted.

19. zemulii

zemulii

Well I'm just taking a break for awhile.

I was thinking of a directional red light at the top pointing toward the ground rotating left and right around a 45 degree angle (does that makes sense?). It would already be there before the door came down, and then come on. But I couldn't get it to look right. I also thought of those warning stripes ages ago, but I was having trouble with the rest of the door so I didn't post them. Turned out I didn't need to anyway!

20. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Its a bit crude, its pencils on my sketch pad and then picture taken with a digital camera and colored in photoshop.
    [​IMG]

So the left 4 blocks are containers which house the lava. The middle portion I got the idea from the Titanic watertight compartment door. And it would be cool to have the gear at the middle top animated (I know its dark up there on the picture). Here is the reference:
    [​IMG]

And that's about it, rest is warning/caution stickers, piping, pressure gauge, a single warning siren, that second red dot is supposed to be a pipe valve, a computer screen with keypad, and a flip switch. Easily overkill on details, that will easily get lost when shrunken to its appropriate resolution. I also doubt details like that really mesh well with more simple designs that exist in the Sonic 2 universe. But just take it for what it is; some ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.